Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Whats the point for invisibility and camouflage?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
D.J.
Village Leader
Village Leader

Whats the point for invisibility and camouflage?

Well my birthsign is shadow and i have power to render invisible for 60 seconds. I do turn invisible but anything i do i turn normal, example i can hit somebody one time and im all normal again. same goes for stealing. i steal a thing but they see me.
same goes for camouflage (although i have a ring only of 40%-70% camouflage).

whats the point of all this invisibility if u cant do anything usefull?
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:01 pm
Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

About the only thing I have found it useful for is sneaking by the baddies to got into or out of some where.

Mike
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:04 pm
Guest Dare

Invisibility is a get out of jail free card. If your getting beat down you go invis. and run away while the enemy stands there wondering where you disappeared to. They immediately stop attacking you!

It's also handy for running past guards when you have a bounty on your head.

Chameleon is the true gem. You can do anything you want without being detected as long as you manage to get the effect up to 100%. Anything under 100% just increases your ability to sneak and decreases NPC's awareness of you. They can still know your there unless its 100%.
To truely overpower yourself and completely trivialize the game get enough constant affect enchantment on your equipment to equal 100+% chameleon... you'll be able to kill anything/everything pretty much unhindered. Or better yet, not fight anything at all and just run around looting what you need/want.
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:21 pm

D.J.
Village Leader
Village Leader

aha, so i need to enchant it myself or is there an already made rin/neckless with 100 chameleon?
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:37 am
Sand

I found 80% Chameleon to be good enough that I could attack people and they would just stand there and take it (and my Sneak is 10 or less so it's not like I'm particularly stealthy otherwise!).

I use Invisibility all the time to scout out locations. Sneak into the dungeon, see where the bad guys are, plan an assault, then launch into it.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:30 pm