Levels G1-G2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Levels G1-G2

So it seems character levels have been made a whole lot different in G2, than in G1. I haven't gotten Gothic 2 yet, and I was just looking at the forums and I noticed how many of you (specifically on that "Level 8 in Chapt. 4 topic) say only certain levels will ever make it, and also saying its best to get to to a Level 12 or so to do this specific task or whatever.

So the game focuses alot more on character enhancement, which is fine with me. G1 really didn't care what level you were, you had to have the right items, weapons, and a good noggin to get past, over, and sometimes through things.

Am I saying things right here...or do I got it all wrong?

P.S. Is the "Die Nacht Des Raben." a expansion pack or a add-on Mod?
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:07 pm
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

You should start the game slowly and explore the world in chapter 1, because when chapter 2 starts you have to go back to the old colony and it is over run with monsters who attack in large groups.
Each chapter the monsters really don't get stronger but there are more of them and there will be stronger versions of them.

The monster AI is Much improved from G1.

It is a add-on
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:09 am
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Does each area or place in G2 have a certain chapter tied along with it, because in some topics people say, "Well you may need to go back to Chapter so and so and finish this quest in that certain area."
Because in G1 chapters really didn't mean much. But in the sequel it seems pretty big to know what chapter your on and what level you are.

I'm glad to know the creatures are smarter.

What is "The Night of The Raven." And do you have to purchase it?
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:57 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup u have to buy the Addon right now there is only a german version it contains a new place , a forgotten old Kultur also it contains new monsters, some skills , weapons , items , spells , more G1 characters , armors and offcorse some side Guilds . This addon is merged in G2 so it will start right like it was in G2 but u have a new main task and everywhere u can find new items and ppl
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:47 am
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

But why is it called...the night of the raven
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:44 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You'll have to play it to find out. It's got something to do with the plot.
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:14 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup and if u hear and see everything very carefully then u even will find out why its called that way
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:34 pm
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

When do you think the english version will come out of Night of the Raven...

Okay okay, so 2 more questions:
a) How much have the 3 camps changed, are they in ruin, overgrown with bush, flooded with water, ect....I remember getting the German demo and seeing a sheep walking around Xardas's place...whats up with that.
b)Any idea of a Gothic 3?
B.5) Any idea of any future gothics being online?
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:35 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

a) ruined, covered with snow, still in use, scorched, gone... you name it, you got it.

b) There will be Gothic 3.

c) Not Gothic 3 if it's up to the devs. And nobody knows if there'll be a Gothic 4 (at least, nobody knows as of yet).
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:39 am
Scribbles
Unsent
Unsent

i just have to throw this in, that is, if you havent read it already.

remember, there was a man in the Old Camp, gosh, what was his name? i believe it was...Raven!!!!

nuff said

Broken in Exile
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:46 am
Spunior
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

To elaborate on Jaz' answeron upcoming sequels: yes, there will be a Gothic 3. The whole Gothic project was designed as a trilogy. And since G1&2 have sold quite well over here, there was no reason to drop those plans. G3 will have a new setting, of course (mainland instead of the island) and we'll probably get to know more about the past of the main character.
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:49 am