Training Str and weapon skills and such
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
scruffyronin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Training Str and weapon skills and such

I'm playing Gothic2 through for the first time and just having a grand ole time. I'm a 24th level Dragonhunter and I'm in Ch 4, and I have my 2-h up to 100 and my Str at 90.

I'm assuming there is no way or reason to train my weapon skill past 100, but I'm wondering who can train my Str up to 100. The Merc trainer (Torlof IIRC) can only go up to 90.

I have 3 Str potions I'm saving for after I get up to 100 (why I don't know but 116 Str sounds cool).

At this point I'm kind of at a loss of what to train. My bow and x-bow skills both suck, but most things I can take on in melee. My Dex is up to like 45, but I'm thinking of learning the Dex potion so I can take the shortcut to higher dex. I've learned the take heart, remove scales, and remove dragon blood skills, (along with sneak, pick lock, shadowbeast horn, skins).

I've learned and made the heavy ore battle blade so I've got the biggest hammer for the time being.

So anyone care to recommend a useful skill?
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:54 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Hi here goes,

Nobody can train your strength to 100, untill in the sixth chapter, so just wait.
You can use a little trick and get a Ring of the Orcish Warlord. It LOWERS your strength by 20. Put it on and you'll have 70 Strength, now you can train it again by 20, remove the ring and you'll have strength 110

Spoiler:
You can find an Orc Warlord after the wooden bridge if you go from Dragomir to the pyramid. (He can be a little bit though though)

I'd say use the rest of your points in something you like: Crossbow or Bow if you want a ranged weapon (with a little Dex to use a big Bow or Crossbow), it can be very handy. Otherwise put it all in Dex, that's very useful in case you want to pickpocked and steal a lot.

You're playing the first time?! I'd say learn how to make strength potions and not dexterity potions. That way you can get way stronger (about 80-100 more), you can really use that in the last world.

I won't spoil any more things
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:27 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Ypu can train you 2-handed skill over 100.Go to Lutero at the upper quorter of the city and buy two books from him.Read them both and you will gain +5 to each 2-handed and 1-handed skills.
Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:34 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

But that's pretty useless. With 100% twohanded every hit will be a critical hit, so what's the point doing that.
I never tried that, does it really show twohanded: 105%. Weird
Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:33 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Thought the books are expensive(5.000 gold coins each) you should try it.
Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:21 pm
scruffyronin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the replies.

Regarding training the weaponskill, I can't do it the way it was suggested since I already used those books to get my skills up to 100.

With the help of the Orc warlord ring I trained my Str up to 110 then used my Str potions (already have that recipe) to put me up to 136.

I guess at this point I can just sink points into crossbow and dex, and whatever potions I feel like learning.
Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:15 pm
Drake14
Brigadier General

Now that you have enough strength and are trained very well you should continue on with the game, you can practically beat anything with those stats and that weapon.
Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:35 pm
scruffyronin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

At this point I'm up to lvl 30. I think I know kind of what I need to do to move on to ch5, but I want to tie up some loose ends first. Like annihilating every orc in the VoM, finding some easter eggs, and settling matters with Sylvio.

My expectation is that once I wrap Ch 4 things become somewhat more "focused" on the main story line, so I want to have some fun exploring while I can.

Besides, I could use some more King's Sorrel.
Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:43 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

(in VoM)About King's Sorrel:Do you know where Gilbert wwas in Gothic1?If yes climb up a little and you will find one.ABout perm. mana potion in the tomb where Angar lost his amulet.About strenght potion,in the cave where was a Undead Shadowbeast.About Dragonroots:Three Orc Elites who are circling the
castle have Dragonroots maybe there are more than three cause I hadnt kill them all yet.

If you dont know where was Gilbert:You obviusly know where Diego was.Go there and you will find a climbable spot........you got the point right?
Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:06 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Be sure to check every salesman in chapter 4 and 5 (maybe also in chapter 3). Quite some of them are selling permanent potions (strength, mana, etc)and things like dragonroot, king's sorrel, goblin berries and such.
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:28 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Also, for some reason , a few of the knights in Khorinis and in the Castle (VoM) have goblin berries.

Usually you don't have a reason/chance to beat them up and take their stuff, so you'd never know. Also, if you pickpocket them, all you get is their gold.

To get around this I use marvin to get them to drop their berries , but to keep it from being too much of a cheat I only do that after I have successfully picked their pockets. If I fail, I leave them alone.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:23 pm