Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Get Back Here With That! (chap 2 start spoiler)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Get Back Here With That! (chap 2 start spoiler)

Playing Gothic again after a 6 month break (and the game is just as good as I remember it, and just as 'buggy' in places too... nothing like watching an NPC try and climb a ladder and fall off three times when he gets to the top, killing himself).

Well, I leveled up to level 13 in chapter one and started chapter two. Heh. The first quest, of course, is to get the focus stone from Nyas. Who goes insane and attacks you.

"Oooooonlyyyy meeeee aaaaaalloooooooonnnneeeee!!! DIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!" he screams in his bad ninja turtle surfer accent and...

Ran like hell! LIke diggers, novices can really BOOK IT when they're scared. After a half second of standing there stunned I realized "Hey! That coward has my quest item!" and I was in hot pursuit.

There was no way I could catch him, but I caught up by continuous flailing running long jumps as we tore through the camp. He was heading for the 'safety square'... where all fleeing people, regardless of camp head (the castle courtyard). I took a few shots with my crossbow, but he was moving way to fast.

So you had one insane novice fleeing through the camp with a madman with a crossbow and an elaborate sword chasing after him.

He almost made it, too... but then he hit a tree and couldn't figure out a way to get around it before a pack of wolves tore him to pieces.

Guess I was too intimidating... even to someone driven insane.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:44 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

hahah

What a coincidence we have here.I also ended up playing this game once again.Just yesterday i did that particular focus guest.Heh after a short fight with nyras, he was lieing down there on the ground.All thought he wasn't dead.Even if our fight ended quickly, he succeeded to hit me few times with that big mace of his.Anyway back to the story: I was brownsing my inventory to find a potion of somesort, then suddenly i rememered in my mind "TAKE THE DAMN FOCUS".Oh no,It was too late!I saw Nyras allready getting up.He gazed me, like a frightened animal, while i drew nearer.This is when the hell broke loose.He was going to ran away to forrest, but somehow i mannaged to aim my bow at him.After noticing my agressive move, Nyras instead of staying still, the boy decided to run towards the cliff and he jumped down! After that it was easy for me to descend there to finally get DAMN focusstone from his dead body
Post Sat May 03, 2003 3:37 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Ah yes... the lemming manoever is well known for its defensive appeal.

I've seen Templars plunge to their deaths from the walkways without a second thought. ONe time after hitting a templar in the middle of the camp, I got all four templars that are training and the two 'leaders' with them to take flying leaps to get to me from the top deck.

I couldn't help thinking of that song "It's raining men!". Oh well. I grabbed their two handed swords (Cor Angar wandered confused back to the training deck, being invulnerable and all) and traded them in the new camp for all the potions and scrolls I could.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat May 03, 2003 5:18 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

lmfao, Xen all your posts kill me, the last one and the one about you running like a madman chasing nyras had me lol for real@ work (Not good for the office environment)
Post Tue May 27, 2003 4:16 pm
EvilMordrid
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hey i did the exact same thing!
i got to level 13 and went running after that idiot through the forest chasing my focus stone but lucky for me i had one of them potions that makes u run faster so i managed to catch up to him and hit him across the back of the head hehe it was pretty funny
damn if only gothic was multiplayer hehe it would be fun to watch someone else chasing him through the forest while u stand by and laugh or maybe have a race to see who can catch the focus stone first hehe
Post Thu May 29, 2003 3:07 pm