The cave on Treasure Island...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Kragor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The cave on Treasure Island...

I swam out to the island directly outside the harbour and found a bunch of lizards and a hidden cave. Inside this cave is a pain-in-the-ass-spike-trap with a pile of treasures and four chests. Three of these I can lockpick, but for the fourth I need a key. Where do I get the key, and are the contents of the chest worth the trouble?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:47 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Don`t remember whats inside. Key can be obtained from Hannah (inn in the middle Khorinis owner) if You give her Lehmar`s (the money dealer in docks) debtor`s book.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:04 pm
Kragor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Nope, the key Hanna gave me didn't fit the chest, think it's for the harbor storeroom or something. All she told me was: "...opens the gates of wealth"....
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:33 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

HMMMM.... Before was 100% sure it openes that chest. At least before getting this key I was unable to open that chest and after getting it I did it. Never noticed I was given some other or found some new key between last try and receiving key from Hannah. Don`t know what to say - sorry if I was mistaken.
Cassia had a key on her too. But I killed her and took it in last chapter before leaving Khorinis long after chest was already opened.
What`s may be improved in next Gothics - Pirahna Bytes if You watch - it would really help if after opening the chest I could read for example - Hannah`s key used - or something like that. Pretty please.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:40 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I had a problem with this too. I actually emptied my inventory before giving her the book, so I could see exactly what she gives you. It's a bag with the key and some lockpicks in it; you have to open the bag to get the key to open the chest. Also you can turn the trap off by pulling a torch.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:28 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Lysander - thx man. Forgot to mention. Indeed key comes in bag and it must be opened (used) to get the key.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:31 pm
Kragor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

As has been clearified above, the key indeed comes in a bag. I failed to notice that, it didn't ocur to me to search my inventory for a bag when she said it was a key. Sorry bout that!
Should have found that damn torch to turn off the trap cause I spent quite some time trying to get past it the second time.. lol
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:01 pm
kilmar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Is there anything useful in the chest? I also found the chest and am wondering whether I should go through the hassle of getting the key.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:13 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

It's just a lot of gold.

But it's not hard to get the key. Beat up Lehmar, take book, give book to Thorben, buy book back, give to Coragon, buy back, give to Hanna, get key.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:22 pm