Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Killing Dexter and his whole gang ( but without a quest )
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
billythegreat
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Killing Dexter and his whole gang ( but without a quest )

So i found Dexter's camp, but i didn't know the name of the gang leader so i killed the guard.Then when i talked to dexter for the first time and he said that i shouldn't came there so i killed him too, then all his bandits.

Anyway i came in that place without any quest related because i failed to question properly the bandit with my picture that stoped me in the early stage of the game ( by killingh him and the other two inside the cave near Lobart's farm).

Also i found the letter signed D., so i assume that was from Dexter.

So my question : Is there another way to learn about Dexter except the bandits in the early stage of the game, cuz i miss the plot and i still don't know why he wants me dead ?and if is a quest related to Dexter camp now or in the future ( i'm a mercenary in chap 1 )
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:16 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

if Im correct, Dexter got caught and thrown into the valley, the seekers helped in get out on the condition that he use his band of thieves to seek out and kill you.
I didnt get a quest either but since you are up there (by his HQ) make sure to take a good look around there is more there than his tower
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:07 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Killing Dexter and his whole gang ( but without a quest

quote:
Originally posted by billythegreat
Is there another way to learn about Dexter except the bandits in the early stage of the game, cuz i miss the plot and i still don't know why he wants me dead ?

No. Only the very first bandit you met in the game knows the answer. Choose the right conversation option for him and you'll get Dexter's name. In fact, this bandit DOES NOT want you dead if you talk to him properly. If you chose to kill this first bandit, expect the entire Dexter's camp to be hostile at you.

quote:
Originally posted by billythegreat
and if is a quest related to Dexter camp now or in the future ( i'm a mercenary in chap 1 )

In the future, you may need to kill a dark mage at their camp. However, none of Dexter's people need to survive in order to complete this quest. So, in summary, no.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:33 pm
billythegreat
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
if Im correct, Dexter got caught and thrown into the valley, the seekers helped in get out on the condition that he use his band of thieves to seek out and kill you.
I didnt get a quest either but since you are up there (by his HQ) make sure to take a good look around there is more there than his tower

Please spoil me , could u be more specific ?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:29 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

If You get the name Dexter from first bandit You encounter in the game later on You may have first conversation with Dexter without kiling him. Then he says he was helped by on of the Seekers escaping proson collony and told to look after You and that he was promised reward for bringing You in. Thats all. Never heard about some other use for those bandits exept some Exp.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:34 pm