Usergroups
Ok, I'm getting beat down everytime I challenge one of the
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Ok, I'm getting beat down everytime I challenge one of the fighters.

What LVL do I need to be to win the fight? When I hit him it doesn't even do any damage? My sword does like 20 damage and I am at sword skill LVL 1 and have put about 8 points in strength. What do I need to do?
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 2:07 pm
Devlin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2002-01-23 08:07, BSC14 wrote:

What LVL do I need to be to win the fight? When I hit him it doesn't even do any damage? My sword does like 20 damage and I am at sword skill LVL 1 and have put about 8 points in strength. What do I need to do?

Get another weapon.

Go to swamp camp and lure one of those giant snake om the templer guarding the camp and after that take his 2 handed sword and his Xbow.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 2:11 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

What fighters are you talking about?
If about fighters in arena, yes, you will not be able to defeate them for long time. You have not to. If you lost your fight with right oponent (this one form NC), you will impress owner of arena and that is what it is all about.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 2:40 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

If you are refering to the Old Camp quest about challenging someone to a fight in the arena to impress Scatty; then maybe you've done enough. You do not have to beat someone up to impress Scatty (as long as you challenge the right person). If this is the quest you're talking about, then talk to Scatty, you might be done with it.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 2:45 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I know who your talking about. I fought the white guy and he told me I needed to fight the black guy (sorry I don't remember names). I fought both but didn't talk to the owner after I fought the black guy. I just figured I needed to lvl up a bunch first. Thanks for you help!!
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 2:49 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Kharim
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 3:02 pm
wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

It's better to beat them because this gives experience and makes Scatty even more impressed. All you have to do is soften up Kharim and Kirgo outside the arena. No one will interfere, just run up and start hitting them with a weapon before they can get their own weapon out. Save before you try this, because Kharim can be especially hard to beat even if you get the drop on him.

After they are down, take their weapons, food, and health potions. Now all you have to do is challenge them, hit them once, and see Scatty. It will be just as if you'd fought them fairly.

Underhanded? Definitely.
Effective? You bet!

[ This Message was edited by: wesmjohn on 2002-01-23 09:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: wesmjohn on 2002-01-23 09:28 ]
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 3:27 pm