Thives Guild
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Erik1
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thives Guild

I'm on the first favor you have to do for Andre and i found the thives guild. But now i dont know what to do. I have to join the thives guild or else i get killed. (She kills me in one slash ). Can i go to Andre and complete the quest without killing the leader since it's almost impossible. Can i join the thives guild and complete the quest anyway?
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:05 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Normally she just lets you go if you say no, no matter the way you've entered the thieves guild. Are you sure you're not wearing your militia armor, becuase thieves don't like militia . Try taking yuor militia armor off and then talking to her.

What quest do you mean with the first quest? Do you mean he wants you to kill the thieves guild? In that case you can just join the thieves guild and killed them as soon as you are powerful enough, but you need to kill all three of them to fulfill the quest. Make sure you don't Andre were the hide-out is, because if you wait too long Andre will send some militia into the sewers to kill the bandits. If he doesn't know where the thieves are you can just wait until chapter 5 for example.
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:13 pm
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I have forgotten... how do i join the thieves guild?

I got the money Rangeru stole but let him go
I did the delivery mission for the guy in the bar (delivered for the man in the market place)
I got the fish and told Harold.. and we reached an angreement as he will give me "special" fish.

Isnt a Antilla or something like that supposed to pop up near the soup-brewing woman behind Harolds shop?

WHEN?
Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:23 am
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The delivery mission is on "failed quests!" now why the heck did that happend? I did everything right... delivered the wares as i was supposed to! And it says go back to the guy in the bar but he wont talk to me.. im a fire mage, does that matter?
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:39 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

When you talk to Nagur, you get his quest. Then you talk to Baltram and get his quest. So, it depends who you give the stuff to. One will always show failed. Being mage doesn't matter. If you gave the stuff from Akil to Baltram, then the only chance to join thieves now, is to betray Nagur to Lord Andre by turning him in. If you can't do that, then you're scr---d. You'll have to reload to do Nagur over again.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:05 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Being a mage does matter! You can better do the quest when you're still guildless. I ask him for the quest once when I was a novice, he didn't give it because I was some guy from the monastery (even with my armor off, he saw I was a novice) and I heard others that they had problems as a militia too.
Probably because you became a novice/mage the quest automatically failed, because Nagur doesn't work with mages.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:30 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

He said he already did the delivery mission. He didn't say who he delivered Akil's stuff to. Once the thieves missions are completed correctly, it doesn't matter what guild you are in (or not) Atille will give you the key.

You're right though, if you try to start Nagur's mission as a mage or militia, he won't talk to you.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:36 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

When you go to the monastery for the first time, you you are told by Pedro that if you wish to become a mage you must give up all your evil ways and any bad deeds up until that point will be forgiven, (but not after that)
So normally you would do all your "misdeeds" before joining as a novice, this includes the thieves guild. So of course it would be "wrongfull" to try to continue doing "bad deeds" - - - so trying to mix-in with devious persons (Nagur) while being a mage is not being a "good boy"
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:58 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by jmurdock
He said he already did the delivery mission. He didn't say who he delivered Akil's stuff to. Once the thieves missions are completed correctly, it doesn't matter what guild you are in (or not) Atille will give you the key.

Oops, sorry
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:18 pm
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well if i was supposed to deliver the "goods" to Nagur and not the guy in the market place, then thats the problem.. or where i did wrong. If not i guess its because i joined as a "good boy" at the monostary but i doubt it.

I managed it in first time without the addon 1 year ago, and i sometimes click by the talking when i think i know what he says.. i might have missed out on Nagur saying he wants me to deliver to him and not the marketplaceguy
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:55 pm