Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Guys I need serious help with my in game character..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Darin O'Heath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Guys I need serious help with my in game character..

I was adventuring around I found a sword called the Fury. Here are the specs below on what enchantments comes with it:

FURY
Type: Long blade two handed
Chop: 1-27
Slash: 1-23
Thrust: 1-16
Weight: 21.6
Value: 3200
Effects:
Blind 20% on self
Damage Heavy Armor 20 pts on self
Damage Medium Armor 20 pts on self
Damage Light Armor 20 pts on self
Damage unarmored 20 pts on self
Fortify Attack 20 pts on self
End of description

I know what you are thinking, "You tried this thing? HA!"
I didn't think it would be a problem, I thought the damage effects were only temporary, and only when I had the weapon equiped. Lots of critical damage attacks when I use it, I just can't take any damage. I equiped it once, then twice, and then a third time before I noticed what was happening. All my armor points are at ZERO NOW!!! ARGGH. And what is worse is that it seems to be permanent. I hope someone can help. I know that when you are cursed or diseased, (like when your strength and endurance are lowered and highlighted in red) that you simply take Restore potions for them. I have tried everything including going to shrines and buying everything. There has to be a way to restore skill points that are damaged by equiping weapons and other items like this.
Any ideas? If these effects are permanent, than this is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in a game. I am near the end of the main plot and Bethesda is going to tell me that I have to earn back hundreds of armor points playing for months on end to counteract the equipping of a single sword??!?!?!!!!?! There must be some way to fix this. There is no way my level 17 character can play now. All the default monsters I have attacking me now kick my butt. The default enemy characters are based on my level, not the fact that my armor levels are below a starting character...

HELP!!!!!
Post Mon May 13, 2002 12:29 am
OhBrandi
The Pun-Slayer
The Pun-Slayer

Okay, since you saved me from having to call into question your intelligence...

Next time...save the game before you do something that so obviously (and often not so obviously) could be a bad choice.

As to Fury....don't know if it's permanent...but you can always edit your file in the construction kit ....build a sword that replaces everything you lost?

And there is the easy way built right into the game: Go to a trainer and regain your skill points (we are talking about skill points, right?)

=Member of The Nonflamers' Guild=
=Neverwinter Nights Co-Moderator=
Post Mon May 13, 2002 12:36 am

Heh. Just goto the altar table in Alrhun mages guild. 25 gold will restore all your stats.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:53 am

Darin O'Heath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey guest

Guest: Could you be a bit more specific? I realize you are trying to help and I appreciate it, but I didn't find any altar in the mages guild in Aldhrun. I looked at every pixel in that place, nothing. (Unless it's behind the level 45 locked door). I even checked the temple in Aldhrun in case the altar was there. Are you sure about the altar or just yanking my chain?
Post Mon May 13, 2002 4:33 am
SlitherSly
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Go into any dungeon with skeletons in it and there will be an alter there that restores your stats for 35 gold. Look hard for them because some are easy to miss. It resembles a small coffin standing upright.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:37 am
Rune

Temples also have restorative altars. Members of the Imperial Cult can use them for free.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 11:45 am

I believe its Alsimis restoration or something like that
Post Mon May 13, 2002 1:40 pm

3DFanatic
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Heh. Just goto the altar table in Alrhun mages guild. 25 gold will restore all your stats.

'Anonymous' is right, but maybe this will clarify things a bit: You actually have to click on the TABLE that the mage guy is standing behind to make the donation & clear up your stats (took me a while to realize this, too).

Also, as others have stated, clicking on those altars that look like upright coffins will allow you to make a donation and cure what ails you.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 9:58 pm
Darin O'Heath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

One little problem

The only problem with all your guys' help is that I am talking about Skill points, such as armor and long sword, while you are talking about Stats such as strength and luck. Thanks anyway, I wish I understood how to load up my character in the editor, I could just fix it manually.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 11:44 pm
Loremaster
Village Leader
Village Leader

So how far back exactly is your last save before all this happened? Surely restoring your position is the answer - don't tell me you haven't used a different save slot in ages?!
Post Mon May 13, 2002 11:56 pm
Darin O'Heath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

fixed it sort of

Well, I had no choice but use the SetArmor command at the console. I hated doing it because it was a cheat, but that Fury is a huge bug and this was the only way. I only restored my armor to the levels there were at before, minus a few points as a penalty for my stupidity.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 2:07 am