Please don't tow!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Please don't tow!

Okay, I know everyone has seen the car in Jharkendar by now, but has anyone else noticed the note on the front of it? I got a close look by zooming in with the free camera.

It says:
"Well I always wanted to make a game with cars, you know. S."

I thought that made the easter egg complete. It's strange that the note is in English, and I wonder who is this mysterious "S"?
Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:24 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Just watch the credits. Maybe you knock down the core team to just a few names starting with S.

Itīs in English because it doubles the audience.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:36 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

What car I didn't notice any "car",and what are you talking about can you explain me
Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:56 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

And one more strange thing,after I finished Gothic II addon I wanted to have some fun and looked what monsters can I insert and I saw a stonepuma
and a alligator but the problem is that I didn't see those monsters while I was playing.
Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:05 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

oh yes almost forgot there is a chest high in the mountains.
To be more clear the bridge near the black troll leads there.
So the problem is: Where can I get the key I have no idea and i'm very curious what's in that chest
Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:21 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Jazzy_s
oh yes almost forgot there is a chest high in the mountains.
To be more clear the bridge near the black troll leads there.
So the problem is: Where can I get the key I have no idea and i'm very curious what's in that chest

That chest is a mage only quest. It contains your first runestone.

The car can only be accessed by a cheat, but there is an alien sign behind the prc palisades.........search around the forum and you'll find plenty on both.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:48 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Jazzy_s
And one more strange thing,after I finished Gothic II addon I wanted to have some fun and looked what monsters can I insert and I saw a stonepuma
and a alligator but the problem is that I didn't see those monsters while I was playing.

I heard someone say that they hunted alligators, probably Alligator Jack. They might have just edited these critters out at the last minute. It looks like there will be gators in G3. I think I'll try and insert them now.
Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:56 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

By the way do you know if you swim far in the ocean two monsters eat you,
like in the movie "Jaws"
Post Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:38 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

PB used some "style" when they added that death cutscene. That is much better than reaching the egde of the game world and simply bumping against an invisible wall.

I wish they had gone a step further(I actually thought they had done this, so I was wary about going into the water outside the harbor) and made the fish and stingrays in the water attack you. It is still fun to swim with the fishes hehe, but if they had been VoB's I think it would have added something to the game. From the croc pics in G3, I suspect they have "fixed" this minor flaw

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:38 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The cutscene in NOTR was better than the one in G2. I thought after seeing it in G2 that it was one of the dragons making sure that no one escapes.

I forgot about those pesky sea monsters.

I like how they play that sea monster call as a warning before they go to the cutscene.

I don't know if I would want the fish to be able to attack me. If I can't fight in the water it makes it kind of a one sided battle. Although it does seem strange to have such benevolent sea life (excluding the sea monsters, of course), when all the other critters attack you on sight. You would expect there to be sharks and killer squid. Ugh I hate squid, they have freaky eyes.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:57 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

The attacks I am talking about would not have to be fatal. Imagine swimming out to loot the cave on the island and being bitten or stung......just enough to quicken your pace and lose a little health. Or you could dive underwater to try and avoid the attacks.........BUT, If you linger to long they DO kill you. They smell the blood and more come to attack. In my scenario you would be swimming for your life, diving to avoid them, and basically be on the edge of your seat. As it is, you can take a leisurely swim among HUGE creatures that will not harm you. I just think it is an opportunity lost to excite the player.

I also believe PB should add attacks from above, but I always ask for too much Imagine you are lining up a great shot with your crossbow to take out some hideous creature.......all of a sudden you are scooped up by a Teradachtyl thingy and now YOU are in deep. You either have to make it drop you which would lose health, or wait to see where it takes you and fight it there.

Or the attacks from above could be as simple as tree goblins that hit you with various weapons/items that cause damage, and they could be a food or loot source if you knock them out of the trees. Gothic is a 3d world, so attacks should be 3d also......it is that way in the real world, why not Gothic? OHHHH I see, you think Gothic world is not real!! Go away infidel

MY GOD I NEED A LIFE!!!!!!

Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:32 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I think you were right in the "Have I..." thread: you ARE obsessed!!
It can't be healthy for you to sit around all day playing Gothic, checking forums, and watching Family Guy... ah crap that's what I do!

That is good idea though to have attacks on a more multi-dimensional level; especially aerial attacks. I always wondered why I could hear birds in this game, but I didn't see birds. And with all the caves that are in the games, they missed out on a good opportunity to include bats.

I don't think tree goblins would work just because they already did that in Harry Potter 2. I think they called them Wiggentree Gnomes? They threw sticks at you and were very annoying. If they put something similar in Gothic, I would have to call them god-d***ed-bastardized-Harry-Potter-rip-off impy-things-from-Hell when I got angry with them.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:04 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

/me checks obsession meter....it is in the red....not good.

You mention bats, which is a worthy idea simply because of targetting. I think PB added meatbugs to disrupt targetting. Ever notice you still target a dead meatbug sometimes?

The tree goblin thing was only an example of something simple. I never play HP2 so I have no idea about how it was implemented. My point, which you got, is that attacks should be 3d. What about an orc scout sniper in a tree? Or an acid spitting tree fungus, or an ......you get the idea.

And why can I harvest an herb and it stay good in my inventory forever??My frig does'nt work that way lol. But I DO have an acid spitting fungus growing inside the frig, but he does'nt mess with my beer so my motto is live and let live

I am the type of player that searches the entire game world....I like the adventure and finding something hidden. I know the devs could spend 40 years hiding this here and that there, and adding this feature or that feature. PB has done the best job of any devs....period. But I, and you, see sooooo many more opportunities.

When I first played Gothic I was pissed, amazed, mad, tense, frustrated, and elated...all at once. So PB did'nt do too dam bad lol. BUT I WANT MORE!!!!!

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:05 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Also, you might want to check out the gravestones near the tomb outside of Onars' farm(the tomb with all the skeletons and the fallen paladin). The gravestones are of the devs(KaiRo, Hoge, and the rest), and also the Alien Dwarf. They all have sayings on their gravestones, and one of them has "Don't worry, everything is going to be okay" or something - the line at the end of the game. My guess is, he came up with it(I know - boy I'm bright, hehe).
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:06 am