Members
Usergroups
Help! Overwhelmed with factions....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Guest Dare

Help! Overwhelmed with factions....

I just started recently and I am playing a Mage. So far I am a member of the Balmora Mage's Guild and the Blades. But it seems like everyone I talk to wants me to do stuff for them and I don't know who I should be helping and who I shouldn't be. The guy that started me in the Blades told me to go to the Fighter's guild but aren't they an opposing faction?

Basically I want to remain in good favor with all the people I need to finish the game and get as many quests as possible. But I'm completely overwhelmed with all these different factions.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:42 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Basicaly you can join nearly everything you see and stop doing quest for them when they will ask you to do something that will not good for other guild. For example fighters and thief guild qeusts will soon lead you to make decission for one of them. But there is no reason why not do all possible quest and get some ranks and just do not go futher then... (though sometimes it is not possible).
There is several normal guild, several cults and several great houses (you can join only one great house).
I am member of thief, fighters, mages guilds, blades and imperial cult and Redoran great houses. There is not much conflicts... And you can finish many quests that seems from begining as conflicts just use alternative way and do not cause confontation.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:07 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Word of caution.

If you join Imperial Legion, they will require you to wear their armor at all times. If you don't, no Imperial Legion related NPC will want to talk to you, and when you pass them on the street they will just keep repeating "Where's your uniform?" For the sake of sanity, make sure you want to join the legion before you just blindly say yes.

I made a mistake of joining, hoping it would be glorious protecting of rights type of work, but my first job was extortion. Basically I was told there is this old lady, whose husband died so she's home alone and that I have to go get the deed to her property by whatever means necessary. Cause her property is in the way of Legion's building progress.

I almost introduced the fort leader to Mr. Sharp hanging at my side, but I thought better of it. The problem is, how the hell do I leave Legion without horrible side-effects? And this insistence that I need to be in uniform drives me mad. At some point during the main quest I had to talk to a fort leader and she wouldn't talk to me because I was out of uniform. I coudln't kill any Legionares for their uniform either, 'cause I coudln't taunt them (they wouldn't talk to me without uniform). *gggrrrrr*
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:18 pm

To the prev post on imp legion...

If you aren't really against a little pilfering, esp. since the legion is so corrupt, you can usually sneak around the forts and find their armor and weaponry.

~coconuts
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:52 pm

Why don't you just leave a suit of imperial armor next to each legion quest giver and pick it up when you want to talk to him?
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:56 pm

starfox

Just only have to carry the breastplate. It weighs maybe 16 or 20. the shield and other piece of armor, you dont need.

And you dont necessarly have to kill the widow to complete the quest.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:14 pm

MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Those are all good comments. But after I was given my first quest, I got a serious dislike for the Legion. I don't WANT to be given any more quests by them. And I never went into the mine to find out what happened to the lady's husband because I never got my hands on cure disease on other spell. It's still on my TODO list.

Eventually, I just beat the snot out of one of the guards in Ebonheart. He was blocking the doorway and was getting all lippy with me. So I've just had it with him... I gotta say that Duke's Guard's armor chest plate looks very nice on me with the exquisite shirt and skirt underneath. Now it's the only piece of armor I wear. For looks only.

(click on the thumb to get the whole image)
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:29 pm
Lawnmower
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Very Nice. Snazzy, even.

I must say, that does look very sharp on you. Though actually, you can just BUY it from the smith in Caldera. That's what my Level 1 Redguard (class: "Walking Tank") did after a quick visit with Creeper. No fuss, no muss. And a very cool breastplate for, what, 650?

Don't do drugs. Pick one and stick with it.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:21 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

The point being is, not that I coudln't afford one, but that he was an annoying pest, an Imperial Legionnaire and an arrogant, lippy, SOB that was blocking the doorway and wouldn't move. I must say he did put up quite a fight.

After I cleaned up his blood from the plate and fixed up all the dents in it (lucky my swords have much magic on them, so they don't hurt armor too much), I tried it on and was quite pleased with the result. Now I wear it as a warning to other Imps that may think of getting huffy and puffy on me.

And if that Crassius grabs my butt one more time... I swear I'm gonna...*grumble*
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:11 pm

In response to the post about being turned off by the first quest of the Legion being extortion...

I was too. I thought "This is ridiculous, here I thought the Legion might be something proud and honorable."

HOWEVER

I decided to do the quest anyway, just to see what would happen (after preserving a save). Suffice to say, it turns out well. No extortion is involved at all. In fact, you end up doing a lot of good, and the rest of the Legion quests were fun, and lived up to my expectations of them being the Protectors of the People.

So do the quest anyway, and think of it as taking on the task of preventing the extortion, which you will do.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:50 pm

In response to the post about being turned off by the first quest of the Legion being extortion...

I was too. I thought "This is ridiculous, here I thought the Legion might be something proud and honorable."

HOWEVER

I decided to do the quest anyway, just to see what would happen (after preserving a save). Suffice to say, it turns out well. No extortion is involved at all. In fact, you end up doing a lot of good, and the rest of the Legion quests were fun, and lived up to my expectations of them being the Protectors of the People.

So do the quest anyway, and think of it as taking on the task of preventing the extortion, which you will do.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:58 pm