Onar?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Onar?

I'm a Mercenary , and thus working for him.....now i got a mission to go to the valley of mines..but i ain't strong enough and not with the right weapons....so i have been strolling around the world of Gothic II all day, killing creatures ..earning exp points etc.... when i returned to Onar and asked for my payment ...he said i haven't been on the farm for several days and thus not getting my payment....so what am i supposed todo? walk around the farm all day and than return? how do i really get my dough from him?

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:53 pm
TCP/IP PROTOCOL
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It's not worth it...
Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:39 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, 50 gold pieces...i think that IS worth it...

Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:42 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

well i'm sure others will no doubt correct me if i'm wrong but i think the only requisite is that you go to him on a daily basis pretty much regardless of where you go in khorinis as long as you actually do something (just going to sleep and then asking to be payed doesn't count). as for doing stuff in the old colony i don't think that counts but i could be wrong

on a separate note you can get 60 gold if you gave a golden plate (not any golden plate but a specific one from the militia barracks) to maria (i think that's his wife's name) and haven'tcaused too much trouble on the farm.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:07 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Considering the many other ways of making heaps of money in the game, 50gp is peanuts.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:50 am
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Many other ways? i'd like to know which....

the only ways i make my gold is by killing lots of creatures.....i'd like to know what more ways are there....

Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:47 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

well here a few ways in which i suppose you'd make cash

1)well i find that most of the quests reward you not only with xp but also gold

2)learning hunting skills and killing creatures

3)sell herbs that you find in your travels but don't think you'll use

4)robbing houses in khorinis

5)beating up mercs (you can loot them and as long as no farmers see you don't get fined)

6)beating up people in khorinis harbour (there's a couple of exceptions but with most you won't be fined)

and as you mentioned before just plain killing stuff is always an option

there's no doubt other ways as well but they're the ones that come to mind
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:18 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Since this is the spoilers forum, there are 3 ways that come to mind worth mentioning

Here's the first one, although I don't know if you can still use it after chapter one...

First, save up all your expensive stuff.
Second, sell it all to Cipher.
Third, beat him up and take all your stuff back.

Repeat until you feel you're rich enough!

PS- I averaged about $6,000.00 a shot and went into chapter 2 with around $40,000.00.

Optional- If you do this, you might take pity on poor Cipher and leave him with some Swampweed stalks. This won't put any money in your pocket, but after all the butt kicking the poor guy needs something to lift his spirits!

Second one....

When you climb into the Castle in the Valley of Mines in Chapter 2, there's a knight right in front of you named Sengrath. Now, poor Sengrath's future is written in the stars and sadly, he won't survive chapter 3 But, his inventory will! So, armed with this info, you can sell him all of your expensive stuff in Chapters 2 and 3 and when you find his remains in Chapter 4, take all of your stuff back to sell again to someone else.

Obviously, you won't make as much off of this as you will the one with Cipher, but it could put a few thousand into your pocket in Chap. 4.

Third one....

First. Collect all the herbs you can, especially the Meadow Knotweed and Snapperweed. Also make sure you have at least one Oblivion Scroll and enough Mana to cast it.

Second. Sneak into the Monestary and go downstairs to see Neoras and have him make you as many Speed Potions as possible, then some Health and Mana Potions, (each one costs like $10.00, but don't worry about that, you'll make much more than the cost).

Third. When you run out of ingrediants and he can't make any more potions for you, stop talking and walk around behind him.

Fourth. When he returns to work at his bench, beat him down with your Meelee weapon and take all your herbs back from him. Then, while he's still down, cast Oblivion on him so he won't remember you beating him up.

Fifth. Go upstairs and sell your potions to Gorax (or any other merchant) for lot's of money.

Repeat as desired.

Use of some or all of these measures (in addition to selling skins, trophies and stealing), should make sure that you never have to worry about having enough money!

NOTE: All of these tricks come from the excellent FAQ by "Ellusion", listed in the first thread of the forum.

Good Hunting!
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:37 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Don't forget that you can open bags of coins to get the gold out of them. I remember I went through the entire game the first time not even knowing you can open the bags to get the gold. I just sold the bags to merchants, rather than getting the full value by merely opening it. You don't get as much gold from them if you sell them.

The fastest way to get gold without cheating is to be an apprentice to the blacksmith and make swords. The blacksmith at the mercenary's camp can provide an unlimited supply of materials needed to make self forged swords.

You can also duel in the city for gold. Dueling over and over will add gold fast.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:38 am