One thing that dissapointed me in G2...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

One thing that dissapointed me in G2...

..was the fact that there was no resolution to the Paladin's ore quest. You're kinda just left hanging as to what is going to happen to those in the Old Camp and the mines. Lord Hagen was still waiting to go when I left Khorinis for good.

I was sort of expecting a dramatic rescue mission either in Chapter 4 or 5. They kept alluding to a resuce, but it never happened. It would have been cool if you could accompany Hagen and his palladins in a full out assault of the Orcs around the castle.

Then again, you did take their ship so once they get they get the ore then what??

Maybe the add-on could address this?
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:34 pm
Gaming-Module
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Wow, I know this is the spoilers forum, but please warn people in the future by making clear that you intend on talking about the end of the game.

On top of that this is a general complaint and belongs in the Gothic 2 general forum.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:46 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

C'mon now. As you said, this is the *spoilers* fourm. And the title of the post was what "dissapointed me about G2" -- past tense implying I had finished the game. If you are still playing the game and didn't want to get spoiled, that should warn you.

As a rule, I stay out of the spoilers forum all together if I am in the middle of playing the game. If I have to post something, I will do so and then use the "search" function to find only my post so I don't have to read topic titles that may spoil...

Truly sorry if I spoiled something for you, but this was right forum to post this kind of thing.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:02 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Re: One thing that dissapointed me in G2...

quote:
Originally posted by elkston
I was sort of expecting a dramatic rescue mission either in Chapter 4 or 5. They kept alluding to a resuce, but it never happened. It would have been cool if you could accompany Hagen and his palladins in a full out assault of the Orcs around the castle.

Full out assault, against what orc?
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:59 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Der_Schnitter_t

Hosh Pak Junior?
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:07 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Der_Schnitter_t
quote:
Originally posted by elkston

Well I did clear out good many of them in Chapters 2 and 4, but not every last one .
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:09 am
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Yeah they could of done more with that I agree, the entire ending was a bit to easy and to plain... Level 35, one handed 80 damage sword, max str, 105% one handed (lol i know, 105%! lol) Paladin armour, was to easy... And the ending was a bit plain, saying that I think the gothic 2 team was very clever, and i suspect most of our questions about seekers etc will be answer in the expansion... And this will make them even more money!
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:22 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Most of your questions about the Seekers will be answered as soon as you play a game as a Magician, and do all the side-quests given by Karras.

Also, it's an advantage to have played G1 to fully understand them.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:14 pm