Usergroups
Gothic 2 FR on shelves today !
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
dagon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

just ask Dagon if you want to know, Gorath :-)

the patch done by KlownKiller is changing subtitles from GOTHIC 1 so they appear as french.

french translated subtitles that's all.

I don't know there's a french translation patch for Gothic 2 ! ?
seems there's only the french release.
Did someone get the translated files on the original CD, so french people can replace their english/german files ?
Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:36 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes they did a translation for Gothic 1 (long time ago) AND they also did a new translation finished around 12-2004 for Gothic 2.

Since it was announced a French version of Gothic, the project is left almost finished but can be used. Just like Gothic 2 NotR English Mod.

Read the board carefully there.

I download it. It s a French hex edit script 90% correct translation text patch in French langage fur Gothic 2.

Get a cheap a$$ copy of the English version 1.32 and use it.

Or please go buy the new proffessional version 1.3201 and support the game Devs. It is better translation the professional one machen.
Post Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:16 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Thanks for the infos, guys!

Dagon, after reading your newsbit I thought the patch you mentioned was for G2.
Post Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:36 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

I had to open up the files with a hex editor to get this cleared up for myself.

He is right there is only one version for Gothic 1 only. The translation is called gothic12 for version 1.2 of the mod by Klownkiller, which I assumed meant gothic 2.

They did some work on a seperate gothic 2 patch but it was never finished (since the announcement of French version to be released by Big Ben Interactive -sounds familiar). I see they are having problems with the French release?

In the file it refers to Lester, Mud, Gorn, stuff that is only in Gothic 1.

My mistake. Dagon is right, but the website link (and Mod name) makes you think it was related to Gothic 2.

-------------------------------------------

First great news : Gothic 2 has been released in France. It's a subtitled release of the english translation of this excellent game !!! Just good. This being said, seems there are technical problems which were generated by the translation (to be confirmed, I'll stay tuned) and 50 euros (60 US$) for a two years game, it's expensive, but the game is worth it for sure. Don't forget you can read the review of the english release here, and that there's a french translation patch available here.

-----------------------------------------------------------

the first link refers to a review of Gothic 2, but the second naturally does not lead to a Gothic 2 patch. It is for Gothic 1 but called Traduction Francaise de Gothic version 1.2.zip

In the forum there, they spoke about another patch that was being worked on up to 12-2004 for the Gothic 2; but no more info.
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:25 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2