Unlimited money
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Dra Gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Unlimited money

I don't know if that was already posted but I found it to be quite interesting...
If you choose Harad as a master in Korinis, you can get unlimited money in decent time ...
Benet (the mercenary smith) will supply you with UNLIMITED steel and you can make like 20.000 gp in 24 hours gametime (I did)...
Everytime you talk with him and ask about "some forging equipment" he'll give you a couple (2-3) "raw steel" if he's at the forge or "red steel" (if he's at the anvil).
All you have to do is to ask him 100 times/day about "some forging equipment" in a day, than spend all night forging "self forged swords" and next morning you go to Korinis tell harad "I want to sell the weapons I forged" and PUF! you have 20.000 gp...
You can do the same next day and so on ...
It's especially usefull at the begining when you can buy expensive gear, like scrools, and fight with them monsters that are tougher than you... (like the orc elite on the lighthouse road)
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:06 am
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

I know an easyer way: Go to Carl in the harbour and beat him up every time he has 2 kinds of stuff to forge so every time you beat him up you get 200 gp......

Gothic II Credits
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:28 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm about harads stuff i knew but never beated Carl
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:41 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Re: Unlimited money

quote:
Originally posted by Dra Gon
I don't know if that was already posted but I found it to be quite interesting...
If you choose Harad as a master in Korinis, you can get unlimited money in decent time ...
Benet (the mercenary smith) will supply you with UNLIMITED steel and you can make like 20.000 gp in 24 hours gametime (I did)...
Everytime you talk with him and ask about "some forging equipment" he'll give you a couple (2-3) "raw steel" if he's at the forge or "red steel" (if he's at the anvil).
All you have to do is to ask him 100 times/day about "some forging equipment" in a day, than spend all night forging "self forged swords" and next morning you go to Korinis tell harad "I want to sell the weapons I forged" and PUF! you have 20.000 gp...
You can do the same next day and so on ...
It's especially usefull at the begining when you can buy expensive gear, like scrools, and fight with them monsters that are tougher than you... (like the orc elite on the lighthouse road)

I know a much easier way.. just insert a few paladins armor and sell each for 6000 gold. it pretty easy if you dont mind cheating...
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:07 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Actually, the blacksmith routine will get you gold faster. You'll get about 200 gold every 5-10 seconds. If your beating someone up, you have to wait for them to get up off the ground, fight them, loot them, and repeat. It's just a little longer that way.

There is a related section on a post here!
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:55 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

THX for that other exploit. I am considering tweaking the script so that these 'huge' infinite exploit cheats will not work in G2Hard MOD.

You can still beat up and take stuff to sell for some gold that is NPC related items and are instantly regenerated such as a broom, rake, or the guy that is constantly smoking reefer watching the fight in harbour. Still can make your infinite money but you will work long and hard for it at only 1 to 3 gold coins a piece. So small exploits still there. Oh yes, fines for Andre will be up from 50 gold per witness to 100, and killing someone will cost you 500 gold to make it right, if you care to at all; do not get caught.

Want to make thousands gold real quick? Go to monastery and climb over wall jumping up the rocks to the right. once inside pickpocket Gorax for treasury key; then rob it for a few thousand gold. To escape, go beat up Sergio the paladin praying to Innos at night (or if too low in skill use scrolls) and get his gate key to escape. This is not really a cheat, you can get into monastery by climbing the wall by the rocks.

Also want to set lockpicking combiniation in INI file to permenate random? Now you must learn lockpicking skill instead of using the big cheat 'reload' to save on all the lockpicks broken and used up. There is alot of money to be made in game -learn skin animals to get full price for them, or alchemy for full price for hundreds of mushrooms dark and diggers meat in the game. No more walking around with thousands of ill gotten dollars in your pocket. A good way to spend your skill points to earn money and not making you so superman by end of game.

If you want to exploit a game, that is fine. Easier just to cheat since that is what it is. This mod willstop that; but makes the game much tougher monsters and not so easy to win. Once the patch is released and see how it maybe different from UK and USA versions; then it can be released.

So far, I stop these obvious (not all) cheats and made atleast the Seeker (and a few others) much tougher -need input for Dragons and other monsters which seem too easy to kill if power playing the game (Hard mode). List under MOD Discussion Thread on monsters you think are too easy and how they should be beefed up.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:22 pm
grimstyle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

sell all your goodies to sagitta, beat the livin crap out of her, get ur stuffs back, cast oblivion.. wow.. 20,000 gp in less than 24hrs..
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:05 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

you can get out of the monestary by jumping up a pillarbase, then up on the roof. Takes some luck and practice, but it can be done.

Another exploit is that dark goblins can have a goblin berry. You can get 1 out of a group, anymore just takes to much loading and time.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:56 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

@Xerox
***you can get out of the monestary by jumping up a pillarbase, then up on the roof. Takes some luck and practice, but it can be done. ***

No kidding? I tried to do that, on top the pillar base, and tried my best to jump back onto roof. I could not do it, but if you say it is possible, I will try it again.

It is a 'good' exploit in that it is not an outright cheat, with limited but decent reward. To pickpocket Gorax for treasury key, you need a certain level of DEX plus pickpocket skill. Does not the Mercenaries have a 'rip off the monastery quest'?

I did not like having to beat up Sergio for the key since it may ruin some quest (depending on guild) later on. But thanks for heads up on that one.

Dark Goblin and the psuedo-random generation of items is a nice but not overpowering exploit, it is only a +1 DEX without a King Sorrel to go with it. Not that many groups to kill in game really. I will leave that alone.

@grimstyle
***sell all your goodies to sagitta, beat the livin crap out of her, get ur stuffs back, cast oblivion.. wow.. 20,000 gp in less than 24hrs..***

I think there is a limited number of Oblivian scrolls. Enough though to make alot of money?; maybe flag her or other so that Oblivian scrolls do not work on merchants. How many Oblivian scrolls are there in game? Is this so bad an exploit it should be removed completely for merchants?

Maybe allow it once; beat her up or any other merchant, but then they will refuse to do anymore business with you....permenate...some do reset their attitude, either by paying for your crime or reload, or chapter change.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:05 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
No kidding? I tried to do that, on top the pillar base, and tried my best to jump back onto roof. I could not do it, but if you say it is possible, I will try it again.

Yes. Climbing the pillars can lead you out of the monastery. That's how I leave the place without even asking Milten for his key.

quote:
I think there is a limited number of Oblivian scrolls. Enough though to make alot of money?; maybe flag her or other so that Oblivian scrolls do not work on merchants. How many Oblivian scrolls are there in game? Is this so bad an exploit it should be removed completely for merchants?

I would suggest ridding all the Oblivion spells, except the ones that are required for a quest. You can add a few spellscrolls immediately after the quest is given. Oblivion spells are just too unfair. e.g. Beat Lehmar up to get his book; I think only high DEX characters should deserve his debt book. Also, it allows the player to get away from trouble and from the guards too easily. Fair? Not in my opinion.

Also, I think you can beat up people at the harborfront without getting in trouble. Moe, the guy who's standing outside the tavern, explains to you about that "rule" explicitly. You may want to alter that "rule" slightly so that the player may have a harder time roaming around the harbor. Consider Brahim, the guy who draws map in the city. Beat him up and steal his stuff. He'll not be in rage and report your actions to the guards. This is actually how I got rich.

quote:
Maybe allow it once; beat her up or any other merchant, but then they will refuse to do anymore business with you....permenate...some do reset their attitude, either by paying for your crime or reload, or chapter change.

You've stolen Canthar's idea. Make it permanent. (e.g. Beat a guy up at the city marketplace, and noone at the marketplace will talk to you. Same applies to the harbor.) To make the consequences worse, if the player is still deciding which guild to join, block some of the guild paths (e.g. Fire Mage / Militia), so that the player will become more aware of his actions in the future. Too extreme, but you said you're making a hard mod, right?

I don't know, but I sense any changes that are too ultimate may require new or different dialogs. Avoid adding too many new dialogs. Dialogs with no or different voice-actings may make the game a bit less realistic, in my humble opinion. Character realism (i.e. AI) is one of the high points in Gothic. I hope you won't destroy that in your mod.

Also, did you fix Sengrath's exploit?
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:10 am
AndyDev
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I never used any exploit to get money... I also never had a problem with money either...
Software engineering today is a race between programmers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe striving to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:11 am
Dra Gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

AndyDev, the only time I had problems with money was when I played as mercenary ...
I had to use potions for healing (that was a lot of money) and when I come to buy the Heavy Dragon Hunter Armor (20.000 gp) I only had about 6.000-7.000 gp ...
There were 2 options for me:
- to beat the shit out of everyone and take their money
- to forge weapons

I used the second option...
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:25 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

I confirmed this. Yes you really can jump up on pillar and use 'walk' to back up wiggling back so you are almost half-off; I was able to jump easily back onto roof of monastery, to escapre without the key.

The money exploit with smiths can be shut down to zero with one big cheese nerf. Just make the self-forged swords only worth 10 gold. So no money to be made (aside from beating up Carl for free raw steel over and over).

Also, flag Carl so that he is either immortal so not to rob him, or he dies if you beat him up, or change his 'smith clothes' armor so that he is immune to weapons and magic, because fire spells and arrows kill him for that one shot robbing him.

That is quick a dirty. I would like to copy the dialog code from Harad's aprentice Brian whose inventory does not respawn into the Merceneries Blacksmith Bennet, then he would run out of raw material, and stop respawning.

Would be neat the items only repawned once a day, so you can make some money each day. It seems that 20,000 gold needed to buy the Dragon hunter armor is high (of course you can chnage the price of that lower).

Carl could be modified to be more like the Harad smith and if you beat him up, no loot but that scripting is still beyond me for now.

I think I will settle on for now, making the self-forged sword not for sale from any merchant and change the cost from 100 gold worth to say 15 gold. You can still make money the long and hard way. 15 * .3 = sales for 4 or 5 gold for a profit of 1 to 2 gold per sword made. Is that too little?

Later a better script change way to solve this. Like only items regenerate so much per day, and how many are for sale per shot. Also maybe, changes to Carl flag and armor is easy -one shot kill for experience and some raw steel, or flag him immortal.

It is only a preliminary fix for this exploit -but does not eliminate it. You got to have some fun....

@Kiwi I can get rid of the Oblivian spells and still make the quest work. I do not know enough of the scripting to change inventory of Sergath death in chapter 4 to just be empty. Some merchant are coded to have 'your stuff sold to them' on them at death, others just have thier basic inventory items only, you stuff is lost forever. Like when you give the recipe ingredients list for Constantino herb quest, you must hurry and buy back the King Sorrel during the dialog or lose it forever. oblivian scrolls will not work on everyone anyway, but if no one objects, I can remove all of them (another way is that they just do not work but will fulfill the quest another way).

***Consider Brahim, the guy who draws map in the city. Beat him up and steal his stuff. He'll not be in rage and report your actions to the guards. This is actually how I got rich. ***

I initially just change the map prices to zero so you get a free map, but no more money pump. I am confused why the dialog code I copied into to him from the other merchants who DO get mad if you beat them up does not work on him...it could be the Harbor code of free for all robbing is overiding this; but yet if you beat up Lehmar in the harbor district; you will be in trouble and have to pay a fine. It maybe that the NPC need the flag NPCtype changed to 1 which means they will report your crime and not do business with you anymore. Or just change his armor 'clothes' the same as the smith Carl; immune to weapons and magic but arrows and fire kill quick. You will get you one free experience kill and rob him then he is dead forever.

Maybe even flag him as a 'citizen' for the guards to hunt you down...pay for your crime if you seen doing it in the open. So a killing rampage in the Harbor district has to be done quietly out of sight, or the guards will come running in to aid the victims.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:41 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
The money exploit with smiths can be shut down to zero with one big cheese nerf. Just make the self-forged swords only worth 10 gold. So no money to be made (aside from beating up Carl for free raw steel over and over).

This will eliminate ALL the reasons for being Harad's apprentice, unless you somehow change Harad's award code specifically.

quote:
Also, flag Carl so that he is either immortal so not to rob him, or he dies if you beat him up, or change his 'smith clothes' armor so that he is immune to weapons and magic, because fire spells and arrows kill him for that one shot robbing him.

Flag him immortal -- that's easy and simple. You may even give negative consequences for players, who attempt to rob him by attacking him.

quote:
That is quick a dirty. I would like to copy the dialog code from Harad's aprentice Brian whose inventory does not respawn into the Merceneries Blacksmith Bennet, then he would run out of raw material, and stop respawning.

I think a new raw material will respawn, if you begin conversation which him WHILE he is using the raw material. e.g. If the NPC is sweeping the floor, and he doesn't have any bloomstick. Talk to him, and an extra stick will mysteriously appear. Same applies for the smithes, who're using raw steel and heated raw steel.

quote:
I think I will settle on for now, making the self-forged sword not for sale from any merchant and change the cost from 100 gold worth to say 15 gold. You can still make money the long and hard way. 15 * .3 = sales for 4 or 5 gold for a profit of 1 to 2 gold per sword made. Is that too little?

If you let the players earn that small amount, it'll be unfair for those who work for Harad. I think you should change the profit for Bosper and Constantino as well... just for game balance.

quote:
I initially just change the map prices to zero so you get a free map, but no more money pump.

Well, you can still sell other stuff to him, while taking advantage of the money pump. e.g. Demon and dragon hearts, high-class weapons, etc.

quote:
You will get you one free experience kill and rob him then he is dead forever.

I think that's the best option. Flag Brahim, such that he will die forever once he is defeated.

quote:
Maybe even flag him as a 'citizen' for the guards to hunt you down...pay for your crime if you seen doing it in the open. So a killing rampage in the Harbor district has to be done quietly out of sight, or the guards will come running in to aid the victims.

That will contradict to what Moe explains to you. I think it will be better if you keep your mod as consistent with the original game design as possible.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:36 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks for the input Kiwi . I do value your insight. I will try to achieve this direction for the G2Hard MOD.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:35 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next