Crypt Question - Im LOST! Can't find Room 9 level 7
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Ravenwench
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Crypt Question - Im LOST! Can't find Room 9 level 7

Im a little lost.. can anyone point me in the right direction? After solving the ghost riddle and returning the shield to Alia.. I go back to the crypt and Im suppose to enter Room 9 where there are three ghosts.. (one with a hammer, etc.).. BUT for the life of me I cannot find that room.. If I go down the stairs near the ghost riddle room I end up on level seven (opened all rooms and killed two mummys on the way past).. walk past room 5 with the statue (her back is to me) but that porticullis is locked.. and I end up in the Labrinyth of lost souls...to a dead end. How the heck do I get in to room 9? I know it's someplace parallel to this hallway.. but I can't find an entrance..

THanks!

Last edited by Ravenwench on Sun Jan 12, 2003 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:43 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

So you're lost in the labyrinth I take it? The maps tell you more or less which levers you need to use to open the place up. There's one you need to toggle twice, first you open it to access a lever behind the walls, trigger it, then return and move the wall back into their original position.
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:34 pm
Ravenwench
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

am in in the right place?

Hmm... thanks so much.. I was reading the walkthrough at this point because I was lost.. and I thought it said I had to go to room 9 first.. fight the ghosts.. etc... and end up in the labrynth last... For some reason. .Im in the labrynth first..and haven't seen the three ghosts yet... nor have I heard the lady calling for help.. am I suppose to do that before the labrynth of lost souls? LOL.. Now im totally confused..
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:38 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

No, the ghosts are when you enter the room with a statue (and a bunch of levers you need to fiddle with).

That walkthroughs a bit confusing at times I have to admit but basically I tried to use it as little as possible and only to confirm the order in which I did things.
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:46 pm
Ravenwench
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Got it

Ahh Now I got it.. Thanks so much! I had checked the walkthrough too, just to make sure I was in the right place at the right time... That's why I got confused...

Thanks so much for clearing that up.. Im off to wander the labrynth!
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 8:08 pm
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Beware of the walkthrough.

Especially pertaining to the crypt levels 4 and 5, the walkthrough has several errors.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:44 am
Ravenwench
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh Yes.. I found that out a little too late! LOL.. But I made it out and around.. FINALLY..
Now just trying to figure out how to escape this beat in the mines.. Because the only two doors I can get out of are locked! And as far as I can see I don't have a key...
But it's a great game.. IM really enjoying it
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:47 am
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Want a real challenge?

(After having been through the crypt) Now go back to town, enter the crypt again on level one. Its lich keg party with at least five lichies. (Ever stop and wonder how Shany went five levels down by her own admission, and lives to tell about it? She is Akbaa, I just know it!!!) The 5 lichies are so tough, i cant even beat them using the cheat codes!

Its obviously a way to reach level 10 experience that everyone keeps saying you cant reach.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:53 am
Ravenwench
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OH Fantastic.. My favorite DUDES... LOL.. THe Liches from Hell. Actually.. I can handle two at a time.. one fire ball takes em out each... BUT 5 NO WAY.. If I dont have to go back there I AM NOT. Shany and Alia are demon servants of Akba luring me into a trap where they will draw and quarter me and place my innards on a buffet table!!! ROFLMAO....

DID you see that cut scene when Alia turned all demon?? What was up with that!????
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:58 am
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

YEA! - spoiler dont read!?!?!?!?!?!_------

I laughed for a good two minutes. Thats what you get for having sex with princess lea (my image of alia- can you say rip off!)

I wonder what she wouldve looked like if we hadnt had our character have sex with her... maybe she wouldnt summoned shany to bite our heels in every dungeon for the rest fo the game.

I TOTALLY AGREE, i think Alia is AkBaa's concubine and Shany there daughter. I got a whole theory (a bit mental) goin on here, read some of my other posts.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:10 am
Ravenwench
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ROFLMAO.. YOU are too funny.. Did MY CHARACTER actually have sex with that demon? God am I slow! LOL. I thought he was resting!!

All I know is.. that little romp in the sack has this hell hound chasing me around like a chicken! Alot good being a Master Mage is doing me in here! Im scared to even load the game now... hee hee...

This game has me a bit mental at the moment too.. I can see the damn game in my sleep... I feel like IM walking dungeons at night! I woke up on the floor this morning...

Ahhh the joys of RPG
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:17 am
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

dont read if youre bashful

you need to reload and replay that scene from a savegame. it si too funny! he is resting with one leg propped up (looks awfully uncomfortable in the yslid armor- it has some sharp edges you know, wouldnt wanna prop my leg up like that!) and she is in a nightie all the sudden... there might as well be a fireworks scene afterwards!

especially with ooh and aaah cooing she does whenever you talk to her before that. a guy can easily she where she wants me....

come to think of it, i outta go back and see if i can score that barmaid who keeps blushing every time i buy a drink.....

LOL
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:24 am
Ravenwench
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OMG LOL... I heard her cooing.. and I thought she had gas.. hee hee...
But her demon face scared the hell out of me!
Ah that barmaid is a demon slut too... keeps wanting to "initate" me...
I wish I could have played this game as a woman instead of a man.. there's lots of guys to score with in here.. and they look like they need it! especially the king.. he's wound WAY TOO TIGHT! LOL
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:27 am
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i know what you mean! let's offer our services to JoWood and Arkane as writers for Arx 2: The Crusade to eliminate Shany's Spawn!

We will put in some female characters too! And we will finally get to meet the scantily clad Order of Snakemen! (They are in another city that only the travellers can get to...)

Hey did you notice that? No mention or sight of a traveller... good writing leaves it open for the next game, there are more cities on the planet whats its name than just Arx.....

Maybe the dwarves got tired of all that going on above them and the travellers helped them relocate....

King L> has a torrid affair with Gary's fiance and has to buy her silence by plying her with jewels and sending her with the gypsies to another city.

Shany eats her mom, and goes on to start a cult in another city, where they dont make human sacrifices but castrate elves to keep them and their god from becoming too powerful---- oh, wait a minute, that was world war II--- i gotta go get something to eat.....this game is taking way too much of my time....
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:43 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

#When I returned to those 5 liches I found them real easy... Much easyer then the two protective Poxelis' helm anyhow... Those are the ones I manged to take out with barely more then a fireball..
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:30 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next