View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Need advices on how to safely modifying plug-ins

Hi there,

The last attempt (also my first attempt) i try to modifying plug-ins (Abandoned Flat v.2) caused my character trapped inside the house and weird errors occured. I simply add some bookshelves, delete certain items i found useless or obstructive, and saved the changes i made, but then when i walked to other rooms (also other doors) & turn around, the door i just enter disappeared, so i can't get out. I'm sure i didn't delete them when making the changes.

I really like to able to edit house mods according to my own preferences, so what precautions i should take when make modifications?.
Post Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:35 am
Beardo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The best way to prevent from strange things to happen is Never to change a plug-in you have in a saved game that you return to.

However if you really need to change the plug-in, don't make a save in the location of the plug-in like in a house before you start changing it.

Try this. Make a special save, Not Quicksave and uncheck the plug-in, exit Morrowind and start CS. Edit your plug-in, start the Morrowind Launcher and check your plug-in to be loaded and start Morrowind. I hope but doesn't guaranty that the items you have stored in a house plug-in will still be there. That's why you make a special save.

Test it and see how/if it works and post a note here about it.
I hope this helps you.

Post Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:11 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Well, i don't use that plug-in anymore. However, thanks for the infos, now i know what had gone wrong with the editing. I edit it in my save game...or simply done all the things that you said not to!

BTW Beardo, i like you Caldera Zelda Estate plug-in. I had checked it up: IMO very good in accessibility (not too big with multiple floors, thus easy to access to storage room, display area, alchemy desk, etc). Anyway do you plan to add mannequins in new version, or what other things would be added in it?, and when it will be release?

Post Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:42 pm
Beardo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Funny you should mention it. I'm just about to finish an expansion, an add-on to Zelda Estate with a little armory area with more storage and a smith and his wife, both will sell you things, and, as you requested mannequins

I'll try to get it uploaded to e few sites today or tomorrow

Post Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:47 pm
Beardo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The new add-on is now available at Morrowind Summit and at morrowindfiles.com

Post Fri Nov 01, 2002 3:49 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Got it couple days ago and hauled all my junks to Zelda estate . Nice basement design , i use the hallway (before reach the display/mannequins room) to put some more mannequins to display my collected armors.

I wonder why there is "meshes\fwrpot3.NIF" error (can't find the file) message when i enter the basement?. Anyway i overcome that problem when i insert a renamed NIF files (from other NIF file).

Excellent works. I'm waiting new add-on for other two empty rooms, what they for? training room, bar ?...
Post Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:27 pm
Beardo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry about that. I think I missed one file when packing the plug-in. But you can find the missing file here fwrpot3 . Sorry for the inconvinience Oh, and put it in the meshes directory.
Post Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:49 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Cool...thanks for the file.
Post Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:45 am