Where can i find a map of khorinis?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
PorkSoda
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Where can i find a map of khorinis?

Hi, sorry for the very dumb question, but i cannot find a map of khorinis anywhere and i dont want to risk spoiling anything in the game by looking through a guide to find where to get it.

I really need to buy it preferably, because my character is a straight fighter and has very low dexterity for pick pocketing etc.. Oh and i'm playing as a Paladin if that makes any difference to where i can get it

Thanks very much for any help
Post Sat May 08, 2004 7:58 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

There is a map maker on the docks. Just next to the guys building the boat.
Mark Twain
Post Sat May 08, 2004 8:13 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

the map is useless
Post Sat May 08, 2004 8:47 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

Not useless - just fairly useful. It doesn't reveal much, that is true, but I never missed a chance to add it to my collection, anyhow, all three times I had played.
Post Sat May 08, 2004 9:02 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I bougth it the first time and it was completly useless to me, it's better to roam in the city for 15 minutes and remeber where everything is
Post Sat May 08, 2004 9:10 pm
PorkSoda
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks very much guys i cant believe i missed that guy lol

just to clarify i wanted a map of the whole of island not just khorinis city, is such a thing available? I dont have a problem finding my way around the town, i just think a map of the island will be handy for me (mainly because i want to clear the map of enemies for exp before i move to the next chapter)

eidt: s'ok got one thanks again
Post Sat May 08, 2004 9:43 pm
PorkSoda
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh yeah just thought of something else i was going to ask, will i find any real use for a black pearl later on in the game? or should i just sell it?

Also are there any merchants in the game that give better prices than others? everyone ive been to offers me the same price for items which seems a little odd i figured there would be some faction-specific traders that would give better prices to their own guys
Post Sat May 08, 2004 10:42 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I'm not the best on this game, but if memory serves, the black pearl had some use later in game. It may have been only if you were a mage. But I don't remember. I sold it early. As for prices. Did you take an apprenticeship? If you go with the bow maker, he will sell cheaper and pay you better for skins. Otherwise the prices are about the same. But you will meet others later in the game with new prices and new stuff. Just be patient. And if you are going out to the wild be sure to save, save, and save again. Some of the baddies out there are going to be above your skills in the first few chapters.
Mark Twain
Post Sat May 08, 2004 10:55 pm
PorkSoda
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ahh ok thanks, i'll hang on to it for while just incase i do need it I dont particularly need the money from it right now, i' just one of those people that likes a tidy inventory and it really annoys me if i have something that's worth money, but have no idea what to do with the damn thing!

And yeah ive learnt the hard way that saving often helps alot in this game, ive come un-stuck many times already. Its kind of fun though, quite refreshing to have so many different levels of enemies around right from the start, i'm used to only having really tough enemies at higher levels like in morrowind or something. Keeps you on your toes
Post Sat May 08, 2004 11:03 pm
Ruslan Ismailov
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by PorkSoda
Oh yeah just thought of something else i was going to ask, will i find any real use for a black pearl later on in the game?

Black pearl is one of ingridients to brew a most impressive potion in Chapter 6.
Post Sun May 09, 2004 9:38 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

One general tip for this game is, if you don't know what it does, don't sell it. It might turn out to be too valuable to buy it off again.
Post Sun May 09, 2004 9:58 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

About the pearl, you can sell it. You will find more of them (only a few though) and later on you can buy it from a merchant.

About the map: You can also steal it from the chest in the mapmaker's house, saves you 250 goldpieces. He'll never notice it as long as he sitting outside his house.
Post Sun May 09, 2004 10:50 am
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
About the pearl, you can sell it. You will find more of them (only a few though) and later on you can buy it from a merchant.

You can find one at the end of the game in a room you can't miss so don't panic and sell the damn thing.

And about selling things you don't know if you will use them. Sell all of it in the end of the game I had my inventory full of useless junk I thougth I will need afterwards
Post Sun May 09, 2004 5:21 pm
PorkSoda
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the help everybody, much appreciated

I've got one more stupid question if you dont mind. I found the cave north of khorinis city with the sword floating in a blue'ish light guarded by 2 incredibly tough skeleton dudes with black armour. Now i think i will be able to run in and grab it if i try a few times and then escape. Is it okay to do this? or is this part of an important quest that i havent reached yet? i know its a stupid question but i dont want to inadvertantly break an important mission later in the game...

thanks

edit: damn got something else i need to ask too (sorry to keep posting different stuff in this one thread, but i figure it keeps the board cleaner than posting a whole load of threads) I picked up an old treasure map from the mapmaker while i was there which shows some treasure thats supposedly hidden up near the old maya-type pyramids. Now ive been up there and searched for ages but i cant seem to find anything at all... there was a cave quite near where the 'X' is on my map, but there wasnt anything particularly great in there so i'm thinking thats probably not it. Is there really any treasure there or was the mapmaker guy having me on?
Post Mon May 10, 2004 10:06 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

if I'm not mistaken: it is in the chest of the highest pyramids a nice sword
I don't think you 'll manage to get the sword and get out again without fighting them
Post Tue May 11, 2004 11:30 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next