Claws & Teeth??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Claws & Teeth??

I got a new quest to find some "Snappers' Claws". This reminds me that although I can skin a beast I cannot get these teeth and claws and other "trophies" mentioned. It may all be premature and something I am about to learn. The character is level 9 and just at the threshold of starting chapter 2. Thanks for some info on this.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:58 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

I'm not sure you need to 'know' claws for getting the pack leaders claw but if you want to know there are numerous hunters around to teach. Grimbold up near black troll, Gaan near the pass on Bengars farm, and Jergen in VoM (after you find Fajeth's mining site), all teach claws. Other hunters are Grom near Onar's farm, Talbin in the VoM, and the dude (whose name I can never remember) up near the rock dragon's fortress in VoM. That's probably not all of them. Who exactly teaches teeth, I don't know.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:28 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

IIRC you don't need the skill to get the pack leader's claws. Also I think there is a list of trainers around here somewhere.
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:39 am
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

If i remeber right Gaan can teach you to take claws and teeth. Gaan is the guy in front of enterance to the VOM (Valley of Mines). You can find this claws here.

You can find the claws you look for at VOM. [/spoiler]

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:33 pm
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Mercenary
If i remeber right Gaan can teach you to take claws and teeth. Gaan is the guy in front of enterance to the VOM (Valley of Mines). You can find this claws here. You can find the claws you look for at VOM. [/spoiler]

Sheesh! Gaan is who wants the HAM, milk, and bread before he will train me. I'm just doing the quest. Not sure I want to waste the LP on teeth instead of two-handed weapons, strength, or dexterity. The problem with finding the ham is that I found a number of them all over the place but ATE them BEFORE discovering the need in the this quest. Now, if I only had cheated and read and taken notes of the entire walkthrough I would know what I needed. Starting now I'm going to keep at least one of everything I find and not eat or sell 'em.

It sounds like I can go further up the pass to someplace I have not been to yet and find a ham???? Is that true???? Thanks. If you kill a wiild boar do you get a ham instead of a steak????
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:30 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

The one who wants the food is Grom. Gaan is the one near Bengar's farm, he wants 100 gp to teach you anything. There is a ham in the castle in the VoM. I forgot about that one. You can finish that quest in ch 2, but it will disappear in ch 3. So you could come back right after you find it. It's not like there's any real hurry to finish the first VoM visit. Or, you could buy it

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:27 pm