Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
A weird thing I found in the game (spoilers)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Dark Lotus
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

A weird thing I found in the game (spoilers)

After being told that I am the nevarine, seval ghosts appear. I was bored, so I attacked Peak repeatedly. She summoned a skeleton and I killed it, then turned back to her. None of the other ghosts attacked me as our war raged on for... I'm not sure how long, but I gained at least 4 levels in short blade and by that time it suggested that I rest.

So I figured I'd try to kill her, or at least go up another level in Short Blade and when I did, and she still wasn't dead, I exited the cave and rested for 6 hours (it was 12am) to level up and then go back in.

When I did, she was right by the door and said "Please don't kill me, then took of running towards the statue as anotehr skelton emerged beside me. I killed it and figured all was good, from what she had said, but suddenly the freakin' woman is running right back at me from the statue. We fought some more, but dammit, she just won't die.

My guess is that it's cuz she's a ghost. The thing is, she fights bare-handed and altho she hit me often, she only actually hit me enough to take damage two or three times. So my 136 HP was down to 123. So theoritically, I could fight her all day and max out my skills, exit the cave to rest when I needed to gain health, and go back in.

My question? Is this a bad thing, in terms of storyline? I mean, none of the other ghosts are upset, and I even tricked Peak once in that I ran behind a rock and she got stuck running into it. Her name was displayed and I could actually talk to her as normal. Her disposition with me was 75!

But I don't wanna have to return here for something that involves her and be screwed.

If this doesn't really affect the storyline, I just found a few new things to add to my ongoing "Quick Skill Level-up" FAQ I'm doing.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 5:04 am
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Considering you tell the ending of the game, maybe you should move this (People will get very hostile if you don't)

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Thu May 30, 2002 5:32 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

=Moved to Spoilers.=
Post Thu May 30, 2002 5:44 am
Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

I would suggest getting an enchanted weapon. Nothing fancy mind you just something silver or a viper blade. They can be found pretty well in almost every dungeon along the south coast of Palegia and Syeed Need(spelling?). Save before you fight her again and then attack. You should be able to kill her now, even though she is a ghost. Ghosts and other undead creatures have a weakness to enchanted weapons.

But she does sound different then other ghosts. She actually talked to you, which is unique. hmm... curiouser and curiouser.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 6:00 am
Dark Lotus
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The point is that if I don't kill her, I can jack my stats up cuz the damage she does is crap.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 7:35 am
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

Grrr, Leave that anscestor alone! Or kill her if you please, but dont abuse her beyond the grave! You Powermonger.(the previous statement is meant in a roleplay sense within the game).
Post Thu May 30, 2002 8:27 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Uh, those ghosts are of failed Incarnates, and will give you two items each.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 10:11 pm
Rob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

if your that desperate for higher skills, go rob an ebony mine , and buy some training with the cash you get from the ebony.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 11:04 pm