Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How the heck do I become a freakin Mage?????????
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I am so sick of this crap, I have been trying to become a Mage but it's just not working. I used that Quickstart game they have on this website and I went to New Camp, they want me to become a mercenary first, WTF? Ok, so then I went to the Old Camp and they say I have to do something "extraordinary" for the Ore Barons to become a Mage. WTF does "extraordinary" mean? Do they want me do build a freakin castle for them?

So I thought maybe I have to go to to Sect camp and find out some crap that Raven wanted to know about what they are "planning". So I go to the Sect Camp and no one tells me crap! I am so sick of this shit! I might as well just Marvin-Mode the whole thing and around killing characters and animals like flies! LOL!!
Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 8:08 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-02-13 02:08, Anonymous wrote:
I am so sick of this crap, I have been trying to become a Mage but it's just not working. I used that Quickstart game they have on this website and I went to New Camp, they want me to become a mercenary first, WTF?

Because watermages is elite of NC and you can not just come and become one of them.
quote:

Ok, so then I went to the Old Camp and they say I have to do something "extraordinary" for the Ore Barons to become a Mage. WTF does "extraordinary" mean? Do they want me do build a freakin castle for them?

No, just make some quests. They are not difficult and they describe it for you well enough. Probably without using these downloaded savegames it will be more purposeful for you.
quote:

So I thought maybe I have to go to to Sect camp and find out some crap that Raven wanted to know about what they are "planning". So I go to the Sect Camp and no one tells me crap! I am so sick of this shit! I might as well just Marvin-Mode the whole thing and around killing characters and animals like flies! LOL!!

Maybe you will not like this game - ok you will not surely like it until you will use downloaded saves, cheats etc. Just stop playing and throw this game out of window. OK?
Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 8:48 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

I feel like a drink hmm...a Red_Dogg maybe?
Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 8:51 am
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

Why do people, who apparently have the patience and problem solving abilities of a gnat, attempt to play role playing style games?????

Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 10:50 am
Darnalak
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

ROFL, I love it... "I can't figure this out! The game must be broken!"

Darnalak,
The Necromancer
Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 2:13 pm
randalthor
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:

On 2002-02-13 02:08, Anonymous wrote:
I am so sick of this crap, I have been trying to become a Mage but it's just not working. I used that Quickstart game they have on this website and I went to New Camp, they want me to become a mercenary first, WTF? Ok, so then I went to the Old Camp and they say I have to do something "extraordinary" for the Ore Barons to become a Mage. WTF does "extraordinary" mean? Do they want me do build a freakin castle for them?

Just smoke some Northern Dark and all will be made clear.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:09 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

quote:

On 2002-02-13 10:09, randalthor wrote:
Just smoke some Northern Dark and all will be made clear.

Naa, go for the good stuff. Dreamcall. It makes you more magical!

[ This Message was edited by: Suicidal Cockroach on 2002-02-13 10:48 ]
Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:47 pm
Grifter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Patience is a virtue sorely lacking in the protestors we find upon these boards. Gothic is not the sort of game that one plays in a night.

But I get more frustrated wandering around in a Doom-type game and throwing switches like a monkey with too much Northern Dark. Tha's why I don't like the Sleeper's Temple much, though my Barbarian's Voice helps things a good deal.

Give me a plot to sink my teeth into Like Gothic's.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 5:51 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

You don't get magic in the New Camp until late in the game. You only get up to Circle 4 (of 6) in the Sect. The Old Camp is the way a Magician should go, but first you must be a Shadow to do so. The extraordinary thing they want to you do is to clear the Old Mine of Minecrawlers.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2002 10:06 pm
ShadowDefender
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You can't become a mage or a guard for the OC until you kill the minecrawler queen, you wil get that quest from Cor Kalom.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2002 3:03 pm