Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Question about 6th book of Chromanin (spoilers)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

ok, I finally decided to go back to my last save and go do the Chromanin quest to see what it was all about. So, I go down into the dungeon under the tower looking for the last book and find this dead guy down there(who wasn't down there the first time I was down there). Did he just recently get killed and if so, is there any way to get to him before he dies?
Also, I want to know exactly what was said when you read the 6th Chromanin book(no generalizations please). I turned my volume up really loud, but I still could not understand exactly what was said.
And another thing, who was this dead guy and how did he die? My guess was the skeleton mages that appeared as I read the last book killed him, but I could be wrong...
Post Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:29 pm
wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

You did the quest correctly, there's no way to meet the guy before he dies.

He's a "mysterious stranger" so it's a cinch that nobody knows much about him. The most we forum regulars have been able to surmise is that he was on board the ship that ran aground near the tower, and had the secret of "Chromanin."

(What, if anything, Chromanin is has never been determined by anyone, so far as I know. The developers probably never even thought up an explanation themselves, since it has no bearing on the story.)

As for what the monster says when you find the body, it's not really important. Some typical bad guy line like "Your quest ends here, mortal!" or something; I can't remember exactly.
Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 12:10 am
Darnalak
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Read the FAQ Jemy Wrote book 6 himself

Darnalak,
The Necromancer
Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:11 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

To me, the skeleton mage said "You shouldn't have messed with one of us." In fact, it was the same answer (at least in spirit) that you get when you beat up somebody and get rushed by his buddies.

Post Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:37 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

Thanks for the reply Jaz.
Post Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:20 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, end of Chromain quest is little bit strange
So it is strange quest. It is little bit difficult to finish it and reward is little bit stupid.
Post Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:36 pm