Usergroups
creepy "observer" people
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Black_Lord
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hehe this makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I have heard them say the "Somebody's watching me" (My text is off).

About the lady near the pond, when I was level 5 I think I walked by and agreed to help her, they smacked me down hard. I reloaded, and of course, came back better prepared....
Post Wed May 22, 2002 2:45 am

speaking of wierd stuff, anyone here find the quest where you kill a onster with a fork, id like to do this quest
Post Thu May 23, 2002 2:48 am

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Um, you mean killing a giant bull netch with the Fork of Horripulation? It's a Daedric quest.
Post Thu May 23, 2002 4:19 am
DarthBryy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Phantom shadows could be caused by the Real Time Shadows option being turned down or off.
Post Thu May 23, 2002 10:59 pm
Relios

Same things happen to me

I've had many of the same things happen to me also. I've noticed NPCs saying that they were being watched, but I just assumed they noticed ME with my 100% Chameleon up. But I have also noticed some crazy phantom shadows at times. In fact, I always felt it looked like the shadow of a bat, like you see in VAMPIRE movies. That might actually make sense.

On a side note, just because something isn't in the editor doesn't mean it can't exist. I see absolutely no reason why some hidden things and easter eggs couldn't/wouldn't be hidden in the main exe or a module. I mean some things are already known to be hardcoded, so why not a secret enemy and a few scripts?
Post Sat May 25, 2002 10:54 pm

XannyD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I posted about this somewhere days ago. I first got the speech from NPCs that said something like, "I can tell you're being watched.". And I heard footsteps for a few seconds when I stopped, but I never looked that hard to see anything, I didn't think about invisibility or chameleon at the time. But after I started a new game, now the NPCs are saying something like, "I can tell I'm being watched.". Which means they are being watched, what the hell???? Has anyone else had two different versions from two different games like this also?

I knew I heard footsteps the first game, but I thought it might be medication.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 11:27 pm
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I've yet to see one of these 'observers' however i did spend 5 mins spinning around chasing my shoulder pauldron in first person thinking it looked like translucent feet of some sort

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Sun May 26, 2002 6:40 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Warmaster-Horus
...i did spend 5 mins spinning around chasing my shoulder pauldron in first person thinking it looked like translucent feet of some sort

ROFLMAO! man, don't do that to me while I'm at work :p

I did hear, mostly guards (if not always), say "Who's there?" and "Somebody's watching me." and "I know I'm being watched." Usually when they were far from me. Could that be that some "shadow" passed in their detection range, but they coudln't see it? Hmm... this warrants an investigation. Also, I don't recall ever hearing these lines during daytime.

But that guy said he was blinded by the sun, so I guess It couldn't've been vampires.
Post Mon May 27, 2002 3:16 pm
Lawnmower
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Finally!

I caught my first glimpse of one a day or two ago. I actually tried shooting fireballs at it, just for fun. My screen wavered, cause it sucks, so they always shot wide. I ran to get closer, and he just disappeared. But I saw him silhouetted against the sun, so I know he was there. Plus, I don't get that, "I know I'm being watched". Explain?!

Don't do drugs. Pick one and stick with it.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 2:15 am
Rob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

strangely enough , ive Heard alot of weird noises , and alot of people say "what was that!?" and "i can tell your being watched" also "i feel i am being watched"

but not once have i ever seen one of these guys, i wonder if someone casts a WIIIIDE range dispel with a decent duration , if you might spot the guy long enough to kill em.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 2:19 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

One fellow says that he did kill him, with a paralyzation bolt and a Daedric Sword.

I, myself, have gotten both versions of the line; once while on the Seyda Neen Silt Strider Port, and once while indoors at the Vivec Mages Guild, just after teleporting in through the Sadrith Mora Guild Guide. In both cases, I could see nothing out of the ordinary. If I knew how to, the next time I get the line, I would enter god-mode and start random, widerange fireball shooting.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 4:08 am
Lawnmower
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Indoors

The very first time I got that line was inside. Ra'Virr's shop, or shoppe, in Balmora.

Don't do drugs. Pick one and stick with it.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 4:43 am

I just wanted to say the observers begin to talk to you to,
i was in the Haluu(forgive my spelling)Council house and
i heard a sniff then something say "if i have to be around these ppl anymore" then a low laugh. I was like wtf.
turn around in circles to see what it was nothing there.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 5:44 am

Radix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have heard the "Someone is watching me..." line but I always assumed it was me they were talking about. I never thought anything of it...until now! I agree, this warrants an investigation and I will have to be more observant from now on...creepy indeed.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 2:16 pm
XannyD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Is there a certain location that would have more of a chance for me to "see" these invisible beings? I have 108% Chameleon on most of the time. Maybe I could chase one down. That would be fun. That guy at the pool of water where you "help" the lady never saw me. Poor bastard.

The only thing is, in my current game I have only heard NPCs saying that THEY are being watched, not me, yet. I wonder what may trigger these events? In my first game, the NPCs were saying that I was being watched. I can not think of what I may have done or not done in each game to make this difference.

I think I may know of a way to find out. I'll try it when I get to play the game again.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 6:37 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2