Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
is there a master trainner for sword fighting or something?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

is there a master trainner for sword fighting or something?

Im in chapter 2 and at the castle.
im lvl 15 or 16 and master at 60%
i cannot train more why?
and also i had read about alrik sword that when u equip it u could learn 10% more... but then if i unequip it it goes away.... am i supposed to be able to have 10% permanently?
Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:06 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

What class are you? Mercenaries can go to the guy standing in front of the farm house, the one you sends you on the mercenary's quests for more training.
Paladins and Milita can go to one of the paladin's at the mayor's residence in Khorinis for training.
I don't know with mages.
Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:42 am
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Dunmer King
What class are you? Mercenaries can go to the guy standing in front of the farm house, the one you sends you on the mercenary's quests for more training.
Paladins and Milita can go to one of the paladin's at the mayor's residence in Khorinis for training.
I don't know with mages.

oh yeah i forgot about the guy in the mayor's house ... im militia..so i guess when ill be paladin ill be able to train more

i just have lots of LP and dont know what to do with it now
and what the deal with akil's sword? anyway to make the 10% permanent?
when im in town again ill go beat up the guy with the 2 books and use oblivion on him
Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:41 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

As a paladin if all you're doing is one weapon skill....you'll have a ton of LP left over, especially because you don't really need to spend LP on forging and hunting skills. The only thing I can suggest is taking up a ranged weapon skill like crossbow or bow. Bow is quicker...crossbow does more damage. You can't do rune magic until Chapter 3 and they only give you new runes every once in awhile....and even when you do learn new runes you can usually find them for free. You could learn to make potions. I suggest learning the mana potion line and then getting elixir of spirit and elixir of dexterity. You won't need alot of strength since the best paladin sword only requires 50 strength. I learned collect dragon blood and collect dragon scales just because I thought it was kinda cool.
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:59 am
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood
As a paladin if all you're doing is one weapon skill....you'll have a ton of LP left over, especially because you don't really need to spend LP on forging and hunting skills. The only thing I can suggest is taking up a ranged weapon skill like crossbow or bow. Bow is quicker...crossbow does more damage. You can't do rune magic until Chapter 3 and they only give you new runes every once in awhile....and even when you do learn new runes you can usually find them for free. You could learn to make potions. I suggest learning the mana potion line and then getting elixir of spirit and elixir of dexterity. You won't need alot of strength since the best paladin sword only requires 50 strength. I learned collect dragon blood and collect dragon scales just because I thought it was kinda cool.

well good morning guybrush lolll your always making a round of post when im about to go to bed( 3am here)

well with the +15 amulet my strengh is already at 85 now and i got the blessed ore sword at the start of chap 3 i just became a ranger with the bow too, now id like to knwo what determines when u level up within the circles of runes? and i have the choice of combat or healing runes.... im wondering wich way to go..

does strengh only apply to wich weapon u can equip or it affects damage too?
my dexterity is already at 60+ and i have found the +15 DEx amulet that apperas in chap 2 in the lower plains behind the camp fire of the first goblins you encouter in the game..there is enough DEX potion in the game so i dont think ill learn alchemy ....since im low on cash now... 5000$ to bless my ore sword and a round of potions every chapter i think ill learn to take trophies just for the heck of it
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:25 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Okay...the paladin runes aren't circles. You receive access to various runes through deeds you do. I don't know what deeds allow access to higher runes. The only rune I suggest getting is the damage runes. Greater healing can be gotten in chapter four off an orc. You don't need 85 strength. You only need 50 strength. I made alot of money because I almost cleared out Chapter one save that Elite orc and a few wargs. I also saved every thing I found except for hides and then sold it to Sengrath. I then killed tons of wargs in Chapter 2 and wolves and orcs. I kept making trips to Sengrath and selling crap to him. The warg hides are worth 25 a piece and with the number of wargs in Chapter 1 and 2 its easy to make several thousand pieces of gold with it. And then add on the number of shadowbeasts at 250 gp a piece, then the three regular trolls in Chapter 1 worth 300 gp a piece and then the black troll for 500 from Raoul and another 350 from Bosper. Come chapter four I do the quest to find Sengrath and find his dead corpse with all the stuff I sold him on his corpse. I resell all the stuff I looted from his corpse and make a tidy sum. Anything else on cash stuff?

Edit: Oh I don't see the point in doing extra damage with extra strength if you have the holy sword of the order...its 85 damage which is quite a bit. Later it becomes one hundred. I personally don't like using melee weapons unless necessary. You have to hit critters and npcs just right to do full damage. I like the crossbow. When it DOES hit it does full damage. And you can take on several foes at once with a crossbow.
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:01 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The healing rune comes in handy once in a while. I started only using that after I recieved it, no more potions. And definately take the damage runes, you can kill the entire population of the last level in mostly one hit, maybe more for the final boss.
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:18 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

You can both ways with the paladin runes. It's not like you can't chose the other when you take the path of healing i.e. the path of war.

The good deeds you must do are mostly main quests. At the beginning of chapter 4 (after healing the eye) you'll be able to learn more and after defeating the dragons in chapter 5 and after reading the seachart, the end of chapter 5 before going to Irdorath.
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:18 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I'm having a brainfart.....where is Sengrath located so you can sell him stuff?

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:44 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Sengrath is one of the paladins in the Castle in the VoM. In chapter 4 he is killed by orcs.
Post Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:02 am