English Subtitels ?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

English Subtitels ?

can someone tell me where to get the english subtitels for G1 + 2 ?
i figur german game whit english subtitels makes a pretty easy way to learn german whitch can lead to not haveing to wait about 10 years for notr and G3
Post Thu May 27, 2004 9:27 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm i dont think there are somewhere up G1 english subtitles and none also for G2 only for G2addon but u can probably get those subtitles from some friend who buyed both english version Gothic 1 and 2 , probably the only way to find em
Post Thu May 27, 2004 1:51 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Uocjat,

Its a shame they are not "reversed" with the patches, the "German" mod player kit for Gothic will show "German" dioalogue at the same time as you can "hear" the English speach. Not sure about playing through English mod player kit, or German patch. I think there was an old thread on this somewhere.
Post Thu May 27, 2004 2:03 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

is there away to get the english sub's from the english version to work whit the german ?

cuz i already got the english versions but im sick of waiting so i wanna try learning german in this way and ordered the german versions
Post Thu May 27, 2004 8:43 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yeah, i think theres a thread lower down this forum by Jabberwocky,

The title of the thread is "How do you get English sub-titles for entire German version, and Cothyso's answer makes it simple, no problem, and there are upgrade patches, sounds like it works spot on.

I'm not aware though of any thing like that for G1.
Post Thu May 27, 2004 9:58 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well if u got both Gothic 2 english and gothic 2 german it is actually pretty simple to replace for example for Gothic 2 english the subtitles to german onez , the best thing how to do that is by the modkit that was released or pm Cothyso and he will explain it probably to you i am sure he knows how to do that
Post Fri May 28, 2004 5:07 pm