View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
jellylad
Village Leader
Village Leader

joining guilds / factions

Hello all.

Just a quick question, really. I'm early on in the game and I've just joined the imperial cult - I wondered what benefits it would give and quests I might get.

Will joining with this mob stop me joining with any other guilds? I would quite like to join a few to do varied quests and see more of the game - but if joining some stop me joining others I'll be a bit more selective.

I understand that later some of the quests may force me to "pick sides" if I am a member of several guilds, but until then is there any reason not to joing several guilds???

Thanks in advance.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 12:36 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I think the only thing you can have '1' of is House. My Argonian has joined every guild going (though after a few fighter missions the thieves guild isn't happy). There will inevitably be conficts of interest, though... so when the time comes, you have to pick a side.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue May 14, 2002 1:27 pm
Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

You can join as many guilds or factions as you want.
Like EverythingXen already said, the only thing you will have to choose from are the Great Houses.
You can join only one great house and the choice is final. You're in that house for the rest of your virtual life

I myself am a member of the fighters guild, mages guild, imperial cult, the blades and the House of Redoran.
No conflicting interests so far but I wouldn't be surprised if they occure sometime in the future.
They all seem to have an agenda all of their own.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 1:48 pm
FrGGr
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I am in Fighter's Guild, Mage and Imperial Legion, I have wanted to join the Thieves Guild from the get go but just wanted to start with 1 at a time until I got into it. Well I won't say why but I can't join the Thieves Guild now as per some actions from a different guild I'm in, atleast that's what I assume is the reason, cant get into detail or it will spoil but now when I go to Sugar-Lips in Balmora she says I don't seem to be someone they are interested in. When I was younger I had the option to join so its not because of lack of stats. I have stopped performing actions for this guild hoping that I can join Thieves eventually but it doesnt look like I will beable to from the more I learn about each of them. So the answer is yes, your actions in a guild can conflict with other guilds.

P.S If anyone knows the answer to if I can eventually join Thieves Guild would love to know. A simple Yes or No should be enough and won't Spoil anything.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 9:46 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

What tics me off is that you can't denounce your allegiance to a faction (unless I'm missing something).
Post Tue May 14, 2002 9:52 pm
dagoo7

While you may not be able to denounce, you can get booted quite easily. Trty stealing from a guildmember and getting caught, killing a guildmember, or even trying to sell an item back to a quildmember from whom you stole it.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 11:45 am

EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

It's always fun to put your letter of resignation on the end of a Bound Battleaxe spell...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed May 15, 2002 12:15 pm