Best camp to join?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Best camp to join?

My first time through the game I didn't really know what I was doing - joined the Old Camp as a default - completed those quests and found myself in before I had a chance to even consider the others. In that game, I think was only ever able to cast spells using scrolls, so I never really got any magic. That was OK because I played as a fighter all the way. But this time I want to use magic, and I'd like to know:

a) can you only ever use the type of magic according to the type used by the camp you join? Or can you use all types of magic?
b) how do you get the magic skills in the first place?
c) which is the best camp for a fighter/mage type?
d) where can you buy permanent magic spells?

I'm leaning towards the swamp loonies, but I'm not really sure - all three camps offer both fighting and magic.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:17 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

a) You can use them all - if your mana and/or circles are sufficient (some careers don't have the higher magic circles)
b) By finding a mage trainer and spending enough XP to advance in magic circles
c) Fighter/mage? It depends. If you want to have both magic and combat skills early, go and join the Swamp Camp, though you can't advance in magic circles after circle 4. If you want both maxed out, join either the Old or New Camp, though you'll get magic earlier if you join the Old Camp
d) Each camp has a mage/guru who sells them.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:34 am