View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Can't figure out various magic-related things

Like:

a) How to use alchemy skill. I have all the stuff (mortar and pestle, etc.) but the manual doesn't give very good isntructions on how to use them.

b) How to entrap a soul in a soul crystal. I have three different levels of them, and have a tried this a few times, but no luck.

c) Why did my lock-opening ring disappear after I used it once?

d) In general, why do my special rings sometimes appear to have only one charge, and sometimes have several? I'm not using them at all because I think they will disappear like the lock opening ring did. Just while they are in my inventory - sometimes they look like they have 3, or 4 charges, and other times they only have one. This is weird, and looks like a bug to me. Are these rings one-time only things?

e) How to enchant items.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 7:00 am
DM
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

No, the rings have a magical charge used to power the spell. This charge regenerates itself. Just use it over and over.
The charge if the item is very clearly displayed when you move the pointer over it...

I do not know how much you have played, but a newbie tip: Maybe what happened was that you selected the ring from the magic-list instead of equipping it yourself. Then the ring hops over to the left among your equipped items, where you may not normally look for it.

E. I guess there is some enchant spell?

B. Cast a gem feeder scroll or soultrap spell so that the monster has a cloud about it. Then kill it(before the cloud dissipates). Or cast after monster is dead. If you have a proper target, i.e. monster like cliff racer or whatever, and a large enough, available soulstone, soultrap WILL succeed. There is nothing more to it =)
(I tried with a human, but it said no valid target)
Post Sun May 19, 2002 3:01 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

with alchemy i think you just get the alchemy item... put all the ingredients inside and hit ok... and hope you have a high enough skill to make it work

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sun May 19, 2002 3:12 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Thanks for the tip about the ring - I did use it from the magic list - I'll have to see if I'm wearing it. Not a huge thing - I have that spell anyway.

With respect to the alchemy thing - put the alchemy items in WHERE? I've tried selecting herbs etc. and clicking them over the mortar and pestle but nothing happens.

THe Manual has a picture of an Alchemy screen that I can't get to appear, on page 40. Like many Manuals, this one assumes that you know far more then you do. It should state how to open that screen, but doesn't. So how do I open that screen? CLicking on what?
Post Sun May 19, 2002 6:51 pm

try dropping one of your alchemy tools onto yourself in your inventory, and it should open up the alchemy screen
Post Sun May 19, 2002 11:49 pm

Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Aha! That sounds reasonable. I'll try it. Up 'till now I've been selling all my stuff, so maybe I can start using it.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 12:14 am