Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Basic Game Strategy Coverage Confussion?? Help??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Basic Game Strategy Coverage Confussion?? Help??

Even though a friend who played Gothic 2 some time ago cautioned me repeatedly not to join the militia at this point in the game because I have not been to the monastery yet or to the landowner and the mercenaries I find all the same that I have stepped over that threshold--I joined the militia. At the time I didn't think it was going to have this consequence but it did. I'm not upset about it though as I find the game HUGE and I want to move on. In fact, moving on is why I did join the militia.

For the monastery I still have the quest of gaining entry with a sheep and 1000 coin(?) and I wonder now how that quest will close? Do I still get inside the monastery even though I cannot join that faction?

Will I still be able to and/or is there any need to learn Create Runes and Forge Weapons?? These are the only skills remaining to learn. I've been to the monastery now--not much to do there. And I've been to the landowner where I have to side step some of the mercenaries but returned a gold plate to Maria. And even though I cannot join the mercenaries it appears the weed package is still an open quest. Although I did give the package to Andre so I suspect at some point that it will close as not completed.

Even though One-Handed is 21% and the other three at 11% should I build up Two-Handed from now on since it looks like I will be heading toward becoming a Paladin?

LP remains the tough part--to few and far between and I grow impatient to kill some of the foe I run across (and can't kill). Character is level 8 yet I'm still in Chapter 1. Strength, Dexterity, and Mana are 32, 30, 21 and hitpoints 136.

Thanks for the help/advise.
Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:16 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Once you join a guild, the quests for joing other guilds go away. Not failed, just disappear. You can't join moanstery now or the mercs.

The only ones who learn to create runes are mages, the only one you will need to create now will be taught from a book when the time is right.

You don't need forge weapons, you can buy one from Harad when the time is right again.

The weed package is a quest for the militia also, but it can be completed otherwise. It belongs to Cipher on Onar's farm, you would have gotten more xp if you had delivered it to him.

Bring your one handed up to fighter then bring two handed up to fighter then decide which one you want to master. It really is a personal choice. One handed do less damage but you hit faster. Two handed do greater damage but your hits are slower and you need more strength to use 2H weapons.

Don't worry about xp. You still have assignments for Andre to complete as militia and there are now more monsters you can kill now that you have better armor. You should be able to reach lvl 9 or 10, at this point, by the time you go to VoM

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:54 pm
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by jmurdock
Once you join a guild, the quests for joing other guilds go away. Not failed, just disappear. You can't join moanstery now or the mercs.

The weed package is a quest for the militia also, but it can be completed otherwise. It belongs to Cipher on Onar's farm, you would have gotten more xp if you had delivered it to him.

Bring your one handed up to fighter then bring two handed up to fighter then decide which one you want to master. It really is a personal choice. One handed do less damage but you hit faster. Two handed do greater damage but your hits are slower and you need more strength to use 2H weapons.

Don't worry about xp. You still have assignments for Andre to complete as militia and there are now more monsters you can kill now that you have better armor. You should be able to reach lvl 9 or 10, at this point, by the time you go to VoM

But they don't disappear. I still have the quest to donate a sheep and 1000 coin to enter the monestery. I just brought the sheep back from the farm but don't know what to do with it now.

No runes and no forged weapons--okay--I'll leave those areas unlearned then.

I gave the weed package to Andre before I new anything about Cipher. Now the quest to return the package to Cipher (like the sheep) is/are still open.

Okay. So I can't join the monestery but can I still enter it?
Okay. What do I do next about the weed package?

Thanks.
Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:16 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

I suppose you could kill the sheep for the skin and meat, it's yours now after all.

You'll be able to go to the monastery later after you've brought Hagen the letter.

You might can talk to Cipher about it, or it might go away in chapter 2, same with the 1000 gold and the sheep.

Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:36 am
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Things are settling down it looks like though a new quest opened up, "A Sextant", that won't complete normally since Ramirez, and all the other theives in the guild at least, are dead. I turned them in after returning all the blood goblets to Cassie. ...Got to start being a good paladin candidate more and a good thief less. I think by all rights the "sextant" quest should fail and not just disappear but maybe this won't happen until after I find the sextant??

This leaves The Weed Package still open and a mystery how it will be resolved.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:45 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You might have to talk to Cipher before that one goes away. Anyway, since you can't get the sextant til ch4, well, it will stay open til then anyway.

Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:03 pm