Members
Usergroups
Vendors have too little cash!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Rymes

Vendors have too little cash!!

After about 20 hours into this game, I'm find that it is near impossible to find vendors with enough money to buy the loot I come across off me. Now I'm just stockpiling thoasands of gold worth of items cus I can't find vendors who have enough cash. Vendors rarely have over 400 gold, and if they do they seem to only accept armor and weapons.

I like the fact that some vendors have limited funds, but they need to double, or triple the amount of money vendors start with. Every vendor should have around 2000 gold or so. I can't imagine how people are able to sell loot in the later stages of the game.

Whats the point of the Merchantile skill if vendors don't have enough to give us in the first place?!

Does anyone have any tips for me or know a location where the vendors have plenty of cash? This would all be acceptable if there was a rich city located some place where all the vendors had like 10k cash on em.

-Rymes
Post Wed May 08, 2002 6:59 am

Fozz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well I've yet to come across a vendor with more than 3000 gold on them at one time, which is the alchemist up the hill from the Fighter's Guild in Balmora. I have a cave filled with armor and weapons with prices from 17k-60k that, even though I can't wear it or use it, I can't bring myself to sell it for a few thousand gold.

However, if I really don't want an item or if I have a duplicate of one item then there is a way to get almost full price for it. What I do is find a vendor who will buy the item and who will give me the best price possible for it. I then trade them the item for a bunch of their items in the 500-2000 gold range that I know I can sell to somebody else or even back to them for a decent price. Of course I'll have to wait 24 hours a few times in order to get it all sold, but I will end up with much more money than if I had just sold the expensive item for however much gold the vendor had on hand at that time.

It's possible that the prices and vendor cash are set up so that you don't get too much money, since you are able to literally "buy" skills from trainers. I have 54k in my pocket right now and at least a million gold worth of loot in my cave so I could pretty much max out every skill from a trainer. I'm already having a pretty easy time with it after reaching level 26 just by completing all the Thieves Guild quests.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 4:13 pm
igu1

Quick...someone hack in a vendor with 100K. :p

I guess no uber enchant weapons.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 4:28 pm

TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Fozz

I have 54k in my pocket right now and at least a million gold worth of loot in my cave...

Oh my god, I just suck.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 4:41 pm

Fozz

Fozz: So vendors respawn their gold every 24 hours? I was wondering about that.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:07 pm

229k and at least 5million in loot in my house LOL One of which is, I tihnk it was a 500k Hammer called Sunder that kills you when you equip it LOL
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:20 pm

Unholy Thief
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A thought just struck me. Can you alter how much money the vendors have with the editor?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:55 pm
Rymes

*bump* This issue is botering the shyt outta me!! I need cash, I have hordes to sell, no one to buy
Post Thu May 09, 2002 6:48 am

Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Rymes
*bump* This issue is botering the shyt outta me!! I need cash, I have hordes to sell, no one to buy

Sell stuff, rest for 24 housr, sell more stuff..that's about all you can do. Or use the editor to hack in some money which kinda ruins the fun of earning the cash..but its doable..
Post Thu May 09, 2002 7:53 am