Shadowbeast from HeLL
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Shadowbeast from HeLL

Im really getting ticked off at this game now, I just quit in utter disgust again. I come up against a shadowbeast, i sit there and whack away at him, i block, i whack some more, still NO DAMAGE. Whats the deal here? Bad enough the controls get downright unresponsive at times(block.. hello! BLOCK D#@&it!) but the swings I do get in, for some reason do not connect. I hit the thing 20 times, yet still, maybe a sliver of damage. The swing swing then spin combo move is just as worthless! Im fighting the shadowbeast by the undead cavern thing over by the new camp. Its nighttime, does this have anything to do with it? he seems to have no problem hitting me. And that annoying death scream my dude lets out too, its enough to make me friggen bust a gasket! ='.'=
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:45 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

What type of sword are you using?

Damage is calculated thus: Your strength + Your weapon damage - Creature's Armor = Max damage you do

The shadowbeast's armor must too high for you character to damage it.
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:50 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

indeed they are from hell they sleep at days and hunt at nights and they also pretty scary and strong
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:29 pm
Lizzy
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I had the same problem last night, and I was using Okyls axe.

I think it's because the Shadowbeast blocks as it moves back, whick it does whenever it anticipates your swing.

Try using a strong 1H weapon, you can swing quicker than he can block.
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:44 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

A nice fat crossbow does help, too.
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 7:04 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

Try finding some firestorm scrolls. I think that fireball ones would do just fine, but I recommend you check in the monster table(which is somewhere on [url]gothic.rpgdot.com[/url])
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 7:18 pm
Lizzy
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

You love the Crossbow, don't you Jaz

What do you do before your trained? Do you use it anyway?
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 7:20 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Yup, I do, and yup, I use it anyway...

Shadowbeast stats: Level 40, Strength 110, Dex 110, Mana 0, Hit Points 200, Protection from weapons 100, protection from arrows 50, protection from fire 50 and protection from magic 50. So go figure... attacking it in close combat isn't the wisest thing one might do .

Our monster guide is here: Click me
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 8:23 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

The final solution to the "Shadowbeast Problem"

Its all in the technique ='.'= I just tore up the 'beast by just advancing on him, blocking him, then advancing on him again, effectively backing him up farther and farther, until there is a wall or tree, and he cant back up anymore! Then youre right up on him, and he cant do his little dodge, then its all downhill from there. Warning tho, when he's backed up against something and cant jump back, he tends to strike twice in a row instead of once, so be ready to block twice in a row. Just have to dance with it a little more than other creatures, but i eventually got it down with only one hit on me, barely any dmg.

Thanks for the help, i deleted my last post of all more ranting and stuff, basically-
- 1 handed does nothing to the beast
- Im using a light Templar 2 handed sword (70 dmg)
- lvl16 now, str70, wearing old camp guard armor
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:37 am
Ricky
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

If ya have a good damage and a good amount of strength theres 1 way to hurt the enemies ... BLOCK AND BE PATIENT ... stand ground and block ... let the enemy attack and when its in the middle of the attack YOU attack it and make a perfect counterattack ... the perfect way of defeating stronger foes !!!
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:09 pm