View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

A few questions, please :)

Ok here they are:

- i was eating a lot of mushrooms to replenish my health, when suddenly i saw a message saying that my mana had been increased by 10 points... is that a permenent change? And is that a bug or what?
- I've just gained access to the castle in chapter 2, where the old camp was located, i would like to increase my dexterity and to buy a crossbow, but so far i only happened to find a trainer for strenght and one for crossbow (which i don't own for now and could not even use since i lack the required dexterity). What can i do about it? Do i have to go back to Khorinis to train and purchase what i need?
- If i wanted to learn alchemy, who is the trainer i have to speak to? I thought of Costantino but i'm already the smithy's apprentice, then i tried to speak to Milten but he don't seem to be able to train me... do i have to wait for another chapter?
- And now about the Thieves Guild... where is it located? I haven't managed to learn the pick locks skill from the charpenter, so i have to find another trainer... i tried to look for this thieves guild in the harbor zone, i asked to the pub owner there, i worked for the guy who wanted to stole a package from Akil's farm... but nothing... could you give me a little hint about where to search for them?
Thanks a lot
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:31 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: A few questions, please :)

quote:
Originally posted by Pendr4gon
Ok here they are:

- i was eating a lot of mushrooms to replenish my health, when suddenly i saw a message saying that my mana had been increased by 10 points... is that a permenent change? And is that a bug or what?

permanently +10 mana points per 50 mushrooms eaten.

quote:
- I've just gained access to the castle in chapter 2, where the old camp was located, i would like to increase my dexterity and to buy a crossbow, but so far i only happened to find a trainer for strenght and one for crossbow (which i don't own for now and could not even use since i lack the required dexterity). What can i do about it? Do i have to go back to Khorinis to train and purchase what i need?

Yes. You got all your teleport runes, so it's not that hard.

quote:
- If i wanted to learn alchemy, who is the trainer i have to speak to? I thought of Costantino but i'm already the smithy's apprentice, then i tried to speak to Milten but he don't seem to be able to train me... do i have to wait for another chapter?

If you're not a mage, Ignaz (at the city) and Sagitta (behind Sekob's farm). There're several threads discussing about this topic, such as this one.

quote:
- And now about the Thieves Guild... where is it located? I haven't managed to learn the pick locks skill from the charpenter, so i have to find another trainer... i tried to look for this thieves guild in the harbor zone, i asked to the pub owner there, i worked for the guy who wanted to stole a package from Akil's farm... but nothing... could you give me a little hint about where to search for them?

Complete the Hakon's bandit quests and Jora's thief quest. Both merchants can be found at city's marketplace.
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:18 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ok, thank you, you have been very helpful
However i have another question: in the castle i have found the rune that grant teleport to it, but where can i find-purchase a rune that grant teleport to khorinis?

Edit: Ok i need a little hint, i already visited all the three mining camp, solved all the quest, but in the third one, which was infested by mincrawlers, i found the paladin silvestro dead, i picked up the letter he had on him and the chest which was laying on the ground, but still when i go to report Gorand i can't tell him that silvestro he's dead... what's up?
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:19 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

3rd mine - You must find Diego. On note from Paladins Silvestro body was that he sended Diego along with ore and 2 knights to castle. You will find them along the way from that mine to the castle on the left. Diego will be in small valley - 2 dead knights lay by the entrance. You can`t teleport between Khorinis area (new world) and VAlley of mines (old).
Constantino can teach you even if you are not his student but after you gain certain level of knowledge. So as Kiwi Boy adviced learn first with Ignaraz and Sagitta. After gaining access to monastery alchemist there was also willing to teach me - played paladin.
Thieves guild - PLEASE read posts. It has been given at least 3 times. You did at least one quest needed.
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:21 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by bora
You did at least one quest needed.

Yep but unfortunatly i think i messed up before with jora's quest, it shows up his quest as failed...
however thanks all for the input... however, i know that maybe i'm starting to ask too many questions (eheh ), but i wanted to ask if you know where i can buy a crossbow, since that guy Bosmer or whatever the name was, in Khorinis (near the charpenter), keeps the only one he has as "equipped", he have avaiable for sold only bows... what can i do about it? i spoken with him to check the price of the crossbow, get out to sell something, and when i returned he had equipped the crossbow, so i don't know where to search for one now, any tips?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:52 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

When You do the quests that allow to join Guild - one of 3 needed - 2 of them appear as spoiled. If You let Regnaru go and didn`t report him to Andre then You did right for Guild.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:59 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Yep but unfortunatly i think i messed up before with jora's quest, it shows up his quest as failed...

Don't be discouraged. This is a good sign: you HAVE been helpful for the Thieves' Guild. Now, finish the bandits and the false messenger quest and hopefully the shady guy will come to you.

Fair warning, if you completed the false messenger quest in the "right" way (in terms of the thieves), you'll be adding a few more failed quests. So, don't suicide because of that.

quote:
i wanted to ask if you know where i can buy a crossbow, since that guy Bosmer or whatever the name was, in Khorinis (near the charpenter), keeps the only one he has as "equipped", he have avaiable for sold only bows... what can i do about it? i spoken with him to check the price of the crossbow, get out to sell something, and when i returned he had equipped the crossbow, so i don't know where to search for one now, any tips?

I've just done a brief search in the city and Onar's farm. None have a crossbow for purchase in Chapter 1 as far as I know. (You CAN use a quest-related crossbow, e.g. Dragomir's Crossbow, but it's best to use your OWN weapon, right?) I might need to dig further and see...

Again, don't be discouraged: move on. As far as I can remember, Bosper has a Light Crossbow for sale in Chapter 2. In fact, the crossbow I'm using currently is one of the best, and guess whom I bought it from? Bosper!
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:19 am
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi Boy
Don't be discouraged. This is a good sign: you HAVE been helpful for the Thieves' Guild. Now, finish the bandits and the false messenger quest and hopefully the shady guy will come to you.

Fair warning, if you completed the false messenger quest in the "right" way (in terms of the thieves), you'll be adding a few more failed quests. So, don't suicide because of that.

Bandits quest... you mean that i have to speak with Dexter (got that name from the guy near xardas tower, he was even in gothic1 iirc)?
In fact when i left the thief i caught he said something about "speaking well of me with the others" or something similar. i guess i'll have to wait and see.
quote:
I've just done a brief search in the city and Onar's farm. None have a crossbow for purchase in Chapter 1 as far as I know. (You CAN use a quest-related crossbow, e.g. Dragomir's Crossbow, but it's best to use your OWN weapon, right?) I might need to dig further and see...

Again, don't be discouraged: move on. As far as I can remember, Bosper has a Light Crossbow for sale in Chapter 2. In fact, the crossbow I'm using currently is one of the best, and guess whom I bought it from? Bosper!

Problem is, i'm currently in chapter 3 well maybe i'll be able to purchase it in chapter 4
Thanks again for the help
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:51 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

Bandits quest... you mean that i have to speak with Dexter (got that name from the guy near xardas tower, he was even in gothic1 iirc)?
In fact when i left the thief i caught he said something about "speaking well of me with the others" or something similar. i guess i'll have to wait and see.

No, not Dexter. Since you're in Chapter 4 now, go ask Akil about his lost sheep. The bandits you need to kill are inside the cave with the lost sheep.

quote:

Problem is, i'm currently in chapter 3 well maybe i'll be able to purchase it in chapter 4

Really strange. Bosper should have a few for sale. So is Tandor, a paladin weapon dealer at the castle of Mine Valley.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:16 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:

No, not Dexter. Since you're in Chapter 4 now, go ask Akil about his lost sheep. The bandits you need to kill are inside the cave with the lost sheep.

Nope still in chapter 3, i think i'm near the end, i have recovered the eye of innos, and convinced pyrocas the fire mage (xardas want first to be sure i'll be able to deal with the dragons... he spoken about better equipment i require before he'll decide to meet with the water and fire magicians... maybe i just need some more levels to impress him, i guess i'll have to do some hunting to gain exp points )
The real problem is about bennet... he's the one who's supposed to fix the material part of the amulet, but in order to free him, i'll have to find proofs of his innocence... but i can't happen to find that damn cornelius... i searched throughout the hole city but didn't find where the bastard's hiding...

For what concerne the crossbow i found out what the problem was, the last time i spoke with him (chapter 1) he had for sale the light crossbow, while now (chapter 3) he's selling a bigger one, if you guys played morrowind it will be easier for me to explain that, however since he now have a "better weapon avaiable" then the bow he was equipping at the beginning of the game, the simply switched the two, and i cannot buy it. I solved this by loading a previous save, before the did switch the weapons
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:39 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Nope still in chapter 3, i think i'm near the end, i have recovered the eye of innos, and convinced pyrocas the fire mage (xardas want first to be sure i'll be able to deal with the dragons... he spoken about better equipment i require before he'll decide to meet with the water and fire magicians... maybe i just need some more levels to impress him, i guess i'll have to do some hunting to gain exp points )

Higher levels won't impress him. Higher guilds (i.e. dragon slayer, paladin, high mage), however, will impress him. Don't stand here and gain experience. Just move on.

quote:
The real problem is about bennet... he's the one who's supposed to fix the material part of the amulet, but in order to free him, i'll have to find proofs of his innocence... but i can't happen to find that damn cornelius... i searched throughout the hole city but didn't find where the bastard's hiding...

The cave where you first met a bandit. i.e. the cave beside the path between Xardas' Tower and Lobart's farm.

quote:
For what concerne the crossbow i found out what the problem was, the last time i spoke with him (chapter 1) he had for sale the light crossbow, while now (chapter 3) he's selling a bigger one, if you guys played morrowind it will be easier for me to explain that,

lol... did you sell any skirts to Bosper? It's amusing when I saw a Nord wears any skirt I sold him to.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:09 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Higher levels won't impress him. Higher guilds (i.e. dragon slayer, paladin, high mage), however, will impress him. Don't stand here and gain experience. Just move on.

That's very intersting... i thought that i'd be able to become a dragon hunter (i'm a mercenary) only after the eye of innos was repaired... but now that you told me that i suppose i have to do more quest for lee to advance in the guild.
quote:

The cave where you first met a bandit. i.e. the cave beside the path between Xardas' Tower and Lobart's farm.

Thanks! I didn't thought about that, i'll have to try
quote:
lol... did you sell any skirts to Bosper? It's amusing when I saw a Nord wears any skirt I sold him to.

LOL, i tried to sell a two handed sword to the bosmer in Morrowind (Feargus the idiot eheh, he really thought i was going to give him his ring back, even if i cuold have stolen it later eheh) it'd be even funnier to see him wield a two handed sword, bigger then him uh?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:31 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
That's very intersting... i thought that i'd be able to become a dragon hunter (i'm a mercenary) only after the eye of innos was repaired... but now that you told me that i suppose i have to do more quest for lee to advance in the guild.

Well, you won't advance in the guild after the Innos' Eye. You'll advance when ... well, for the main quest, there are two parts in Chapter 3: 1) Innos' Eye, 2) Think about it. The second part will gain you admittance to the higher guilds.

quote:
LOL, i tried to sell a two handed sword to the bosmer in Morrowind (Feargus the idiot eheh, he really thought i was going to give him his ring back, even if i cuold have stolen it later eheh) it'd be even funnier to see him wield a two handed sword, bigger then him uh?

I don't know if you can sell stuff to Fargoth, but it will be funny if I chop him off using the same type of claymore he's wielding.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:47 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

Sorry, I misunderstood your question again. He's not there. He's at the upstairs of the town hall (i.e. the house where Lord Hagen stands).

Talk to him. If you can pickpocket, do that to him and you'll get his diary. Otherwise, bribe him with 2000 gold and he'll give you the diary. If you bribe him, he'll run away to the cave I've mentioned.

Now, read the diary and report the events to Lord Hagen. The quest, then, is complete.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:51 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:

Well, you won't advance in the guild after the Innos' Eye. You'll advance when ... well, for the main quest, there are two parts in Chapter 3: 1) Innos' Eye, 2) Think about it. The second part will gain you admittance to the higher guilds.

But... i surely misanderstood something, i mean, you told me i need to be of an higher guild grade in order to impress xardas to cooperate with the water and the fire magicians... but if now you tell me i won't be able to reach and higher guild until the second part (after the eye of innos)... how i'm supposed to impress that annoying necromancer? (sorry but i still don't get it, i know it's kind of hard to explain something without spoiling the rest, but i really didn't understand this part).
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:19 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next