Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Stat-lowering plugin? Difficulty suggestions?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
djethan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Stat-lowering plugin? Difficulty suggestions?

I have REALLY enjoyed playing morrowind. So much so that my char. has 100 in most stats, more armor and weapons (and gold) than I know what to do with, etc. I've banned myself from enchanting weapons as they are way too powerful (always have been).

The problem is, I'm not finished the game. I'm still completing the prophecies, and the game has become SO EASY IT'S NOT FUN ANYMORE!! I actually have left it for 3 months as I just got bored, but now I'd love to finish it (and get the expansion). I can't stomach starting over.

Are there any plugins around that allow you to lower your stats? I'd like to put them down somewhere reasonable so I can enjoy leveling again, and finish the game.
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:19 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

No need - use the console

You can just use the console to lower your stats. Press the tilde/backtick key (depending on US/UK layout - the one below ESC) and type the following:

player->setStrength 50
player->setAgility 50
player->setEndurance 50
player->setIntelligence 50
player->setWillpower 50
player->setLuck 50
player->setPersonality 50
player->setSpeed 50

Replacing the 50s with whatever values you want. You can reduce your skills as well in the same way:

player->setLongBlade 50
player->setAthletics 50
...etc

(Oh, and Happy New Year!)
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:33 am
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

There are also lots of good mods that increase difficulty. You might enjoy Adventurer's, Giants, and/or Morrowind Advanced for starters. And, if you haven't played for a while, you may not have the patch that adds the difficulty slider -- you'll get this if you install Tribunal, but otherwise you should patch to the latest version.
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:02 am