Usergroups
permament attribute drains suck BAD!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

so your saying that if I have illusion at 50 and I train restoration to 30 I won't get any mult til I get restoration to 50 and then every train to restoration after 50 (because it is now my max misc willpower skill) I will get a multiplier to it?

I made a character with restoration as a minor so I have something to raise willpower in just by training alone but if I wanted more of a multiplier I would have to raise some misc skill passed that. That doesn't really make any sense but if that is what it does then cool.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:43 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

That definately seems how it is. If you think about it it does make sense.

Its because you may be a master in a particular skill, and while you were studying that skill you learnt a lot. But if you start using a skill that is closely related to the one you are already a master at; most of the things you are learning are gonna be similar, so you wont get much extra benefits from it (e.g. str etc) but you are still learning a new skill.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:47 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

That is funny how it only works with misc skills. So if I get my restoration skill to 100 then I will have no way of getting a mutiplier to my wisdom again. That seems fair. I am pretty sure with a 100 restoration skill that I will have 100 willpower so no big deal but thks for the tips I will have to play around with it myself.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:57 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Yeah you are correct. I try and make sure I only get multipliers on 3 attributes when I level up, because as I am sure you know you cant raise more than 3, so the other multipliers are just wasted.

Not sure what you mean by "how it only works with misc skills", multipliers work with any skill, no matter if its a minor/major or misc. All that matters is you break the limit of your highest skill in that attribute category.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 7:01 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I don't pay to much attention to that because it all comes around in the end. I am like lv 50 with 100 in all the stats so I really am not to worried.

This has turned into a regular chat seesion hasn't it so:

WAAAASSSSSUUUUPPPPPPPPP!!!
Post Wed May 22, 2002 7:04 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I meant I had a 100 in all the attributes that really matter to my class.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 7:05 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Just playing MW, drinking an OJ.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 7:05 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I am stuck at work, dreaming about MW. I need to get back to my assasin if I can get the wife off of me
Post Wed May 22, 2002 7:16 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

hehe I know what thats like. Even if she doesnt say anything I still feel guilty for not giving her attention.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 7:41 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I just learned to de-sensetize myself to her wining and whelping.

but anyways, what class and armor type do you use?
Post Wed May 22, 2002 7:59 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Its a Custom Class:

Khajiit
Atronach
All Magic Schools+Marksman+Unarmoured

He kicks ass in the wilderness, but its REAL hard in dungeons. But thats the way I like it. I have been playing about 5hrs per weekday (on and off) since release and I just got to lvl16 a minute ago. At least 4 of those lvl's were from paying for training anyway.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 8:05 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

5 hours per weekday since the game came out and you are only lv 16? That is weird because I am like lv 50 and that is starting over a couple times. I am playing an assasin. I hear that khajiit and argonian can't wear shoes. That has to suck if you come across some bad ass shoes and can't wear them. I am glad you are having a challenge. I hear casters do have challenges with the low magicka and all. My assasin just flew through it, so I made a Paladin and will do some harder stuff for some more of a challenge.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 8:18 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I have a BIG challenge.

Not only does my magica run out like everyone else. But the Atronach means it doesnt recharge, and there arent that many Spellcasters around for me to abosorb spells from.

Also being a Khajiit I didnt get many usefull attribute benefits for a mage since that race is more suited for Theives.

I also spend a LOT of time actually roleplaying. Just talking to people and going around trading a lot. So I end up raising a lot of skills that wont level me at all. I have about 4 misc skills that are in the 40 - 60 range.

I spend most of my money training misc skills aswell. Although I have trained about 4 of my levels by paying for it.
Post Thu May 23, 2002 2:52 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I don't like being in towns and trading. I uploaded a mod for some merchant that has lots of money so I sell mystuff to him, but the only thing I buy is potions and arrows. I like just finding anyone not in a city and killing them now, since my crime will not get reported. Luckily most things outside of a city will attack you anyways so I don't feel so bad about it. But for the misc quest givers standing on the road all by themselves...sigh
Post Thu May 23, 2002 4:21 pm
Saemi
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by freakinaye
so your saying that if I have illusion at 50 and I train restoration to 30 I won't get any mult til I get restoration to 50 and then every train to restoration after 50 (because it is now my max misc willpower skill) I will get a multiplier to it?

I made a character with restoration as a minor so I have something to raise willpower in just by training alone but if I wanted more of a multiplier I would have to raise some misc skill passed that. That doesn't really make any sense but if that is what it does then cool.

Looks like I got lucky with my custom character design.

I have all magic as misc skills with enchant as minor skill. My enchant skill level was 20 and my conjuration skill level was 49.

I just went up to level 6 and I got a two level mulitplier with my intelligence after going up one level to each skill.

Enchant is the only one that counted towards the 10 levels to bring my level up. Also those 2 were the only intelligence skills I went up on.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 9:12 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2