Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I'm the Fighters GuildMaster - Now what?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
TBoarder

I'm the Fighters GuildMaster - Now what?

I recently gained the position of Guildmaster of the Fighter's Guild, to absolutely no fanfare whatsoever it seems. Do I get any benefits for being the Guildmaster, and items, any new quests? The way it seems: I got the title, now it's like "Eh, okay. Whatever. Now go find another guild to join and do menial tasks for them until you achieve guildmaster level there, then repeat the process until you've completed the game"
Post Thu May 30, 2002 6:15 am

TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Yep. That did seem to be all for little-to-no reward. It would be nice to be able to collect dues and send other lowers in the guild on quest.

I guess we were just left with options to explore the world, join another guild (if you didn't make too many enemies), join a Great House, or finish up the main quest.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 7:23 am
AlexScherr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The only solid benefit I've found from leading any guild, including fighters', is that all fighters have a 100% opinion of you: you'll get best price in barter and repair from them, short of the Creeper. Plus: it seems to affect your reputation when you start another series of quests: the opinion of characters in new guilds starts out higher, and they require less persuasion if persuasion is necessary.

Otherwise, no objects, no special quests, no real power to command . . . wouldn't that be cool, to delegate portions of quests to the subordinates in your guilds!

Alex
Post Thu May 30, 2002 2:04 pm
LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

Wouldn't it truly be good to be able to give tasks to other guild members?
Instead of trying to find a tomb of blahblah for hours you could just say
"hey you, go find this place and kill that ugly bastard that lives there, after that report to me in the House of Earthly Delights - i'll be relaxing there for a few weeks"
Post Thu May 30, 2002 5:03 pm