Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Ok now that I'm about to be a part of the old camp........
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I'm not LVL 5 yet so after about 200 more exp. points I will be part of the camp. Whatshisname told me I had enough people speak up for me but then a note came on the screen saying I have to be lvl 5 before being part of the camp. Anyway after I am in how do you go about picking a class and what are the options. And any advice from you guys would be nice. Thanks.
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:08 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2002-01-25 10:08, BSC14 wrote:
I'm not LVL 5 yet so after about 200 more exp. points I will be part of the camp. Whatshisname told me I had enough people speak up for me but then a note came on the screen saying I have to be lvl 5 before being part of the camp. Anyway after I am in how do you go about picking a class and what are the options. And any advice from you guys would be nice. Thanks.

First off, what do you mean "pick a class"? If you accept the offer by Diego and join the Old Camp then you become a Guard.
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:11 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

So that's it? Your a guard? And do you you stay a guard for the rest of the game? What if you want to be a thief or ranger or whatever? There is none of that? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I thought there were different classes.
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:14 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Nope, Guard is a Guard. There are no official classes but you can train in ranger skills, theif skills, magic skills, melee weapons skills, practice your drinking skills, smoking weed skills, in fact you can become the best damn wine-drinking, weed-smoking pick pocketing ranger ever and you'll still be just a Guard. Life's a real bitch ain't it.
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:48 pm
Engrin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2002-01-25 10:14, BSC14 wrote:
So that's it? Your a guard? And do you you stay a guard for the rest of the game? What if you want to be a thief or ranger or whatever? There is none of that? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I thought there were different classes.

A character isn’t a specific class because you slap a label on him/her like ranger thief or wizard. A characters class is defined by the skill set you choose to attribute to your character. Leave the labeling of your character up the outside world. You now what skills you want your character to have like open locks pick pockets skin animals etc.
So even though he is a guard he is realy an individual because of his unique skill set which sets him apart from other guards. That’s what role-playing (in my humble opinion) is all about.
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:53 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

when you join the old camp you will become a shadow first.
Later on you can become a guard or a fire mage.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:56 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I see. Well that's kinda cool. So you are what ever you train at. ok. Thanks!
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:57 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2002-01-25 10:53, Engrin wrote:

A character isn’t a specific class because you slap a label on him/her like ranger thief or wizard. A characters class is defined by the skill set you choose to attribute to your character. Leave the labeling of your character up the outside world. You now what skills you want your character to have like open locks pick pockets skin animals etc.
So even though he is a guard he is realy an individual because of his unique skill set which sets him apart from other guards. That’s what role-playing (in my humble opinion) is all about.

You're taking this forum much to seriously; have a nice day.
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 5:04 pm