How to anchant and alchemy myself
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
talltorp
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How to anchant and alchemy myself

Silly question perhaps, but I haven't figured out how to enchant my objects... I have some soulgems so others can enchant stuff for me, but I haven't been able to enchant myself.
It's bugging me, since enchant is one of my major skills...

Also, how do you use alchemy? I have the perfect book for mixing stuff, but since I don't know how to, it's useless...
Post Fri May 31, 2002 11:11 pm
Tiercel

To enchant, open your inventory (right-click) and "equip" yourself with a soul gem. Pick it up and place it over the picture of your body, just as if you were putting on a piece of armor. Then a little thing will come up asking if you want to enchant an item or recharge an item that's already been enchanted. Choose enchant, and there you go. The menu will be exactly the same as it is when you pay for enchantment.

For alchemy, you need equipment to do it. The mortar and pestle is the only essential thing you need. Buy one, then equip it on your body. A menu will come up letting you mix and match the alchemy ingredients you've picked up. As you get better at your alchemy skill, you'll be able to see more of an ingredient's effects, so you can make better potions. Then you'll finally want to buy the other alchemy equipment: calcinator, and two others. Those enhance good effects of the potion or reduce bad side-effects.

Have fun.

Tiercel
Post Fri May 31, 2002 11:20 pm

talltorp
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So it was that easy...

Thanks!
Post Fri May 31, 2002 11:25 pm
Lawnmower
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Be Ready

Quicksave before you try enchanting. When you fail, you lose the gem and should reload. The success rate with >50 skill is very low.

Don't do drugs. Pick one and stick with it.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 11:26 pm
Tiercel

Yes, it's pretty easy to get the menu up. But as Lawnmower points out, the enchanting itself can be difficult.

I should also clarify that the soul gem has to be filled with a captured soul. Empty soul gems won't do anything.

Buy a bunch of Whatshisname Egg-Feeder scrolls to use to capture souls. Cast one on a beastie as he's charging you, then kill him before the spell wears off. If you've got a big enough soul gem to hold that soul, when you kill the beastie, the soul is yours, ready for enchanting.

One of the only two mods I've added is a lady downstairs at the Balmora Mage's Guild who sells empty soul gems. Otherwise you have to hope to find them randomly scattered in sacks and crates here and there.

Tiercel
Post Fri May 31, 2002 11:42 pm

MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Spellmaking, enchanting and alchemy processes are explained pretty well in the manual. The rest is only a matter of trying it out.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 2:08 am