Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Anyway "alternative" ways into upper quarter?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Fifl
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Anyway "alternative" ways into upper quarter?

I'm trying to do the blood chalices quest but it seems I need to break into the upperquarter. I'm not and apprentice and I plan on becoming a mage and don't want to do the quest after being a mage.

Do I have to become an apprentice? Or is there a way to sneak in that I havn't found?
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:43 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Supposedly you can sneak behind one of the guards, the one that doesn't challenge you. I've never tried it, but many in here have said it's possible. You can also then sneak into city hall. But if you accept Hagen's quest before choosing a guild, you might have problems later.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:13 pm
Fifl
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Dang Murdock I can't believe your still here! Your like a Paladin watching over these forums with the strength of innos =P

Thanks a bunch for your reply to. Your point on Hagen brought up another question, is it possible to go into chapter 2 on the mission from Hagen WITHOUT joining any of the 3 groups? I realize it would be tough but I think I could do it if I were very careful in the leather armor with a good weapon. Most the time the normal orcs don't even hit me if I am not playing drunk
Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:14 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Thought I recognized your nik. Been a while. Had puter troubles.

I heard you could go into ch 2 without being a member of any guild. If you manage to sneak into city hall, just talk to Hagen. But if you do, you can never join the mages and get anywhere. I mean you can join and become a novice, but you're never allowed in to the library. I think you can still join mercs though, not sure of militia.

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:21 am
Fifl
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ugg I got into the upper city after many many tries but now getting into the city hall is proving more challenging. Even more troubling is I keep getting bugged when the guards finding me and he kills me in dialog mode so I can't hit escape and load new game, I have to force quit the game
Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:40 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Sorry, never tried it before so didn't know about that part. Uuuuuh good luck?

Edit added

You might try searching the forum for it, don't remember how the person who I read of did it. I just know I've read it and he warned of consequences later. Then someone else attempted it and he could join mages as novice but couldn't go any further. Sorry can't add any more.

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:49 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Anyway "alternative" ways into upper quarter?

quote:
Originally posted by Fifl
I'm trying to do the blood chalices quest but it seems I need to break into the upperquarter. I'm not and apprentice and I plan on becoming a mage and don't want to do the quest after being a mage.

You do realize that you can become an apprentice *and* a mage, right? Those two goals are not mutually exclusive.

The point-of-no-return is if you join the city guard. *Then* you can't be a mage or mercenary.

quote:

Do I have to become an apprentice? Or is there a way to sneak in that I havn't found?

Well you can always wait until you are a mage and then no-one will
stop you from entering the upper quarter. But why miss out on
the exprience points you gain by becoming an apprentice (and thus
citizen of the town).
Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:12 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

And you get a good amount of expirence as well if you do all the merchants quests, it doesn't take long, maybe a half hour at most. You'll need those precious expirence points later in Chapter Two. If you plan on being a mage, become Constantino's apprentice since most mages learn alchemy to get the most mana possible. Just keep bothering him to become his apprentice.
Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:04 am