Morrowind Sneak not working
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Morrowind Sneak not working

I'm a lvl 16 Dark Elf Assassin, Sneak 52, security 42, but my Sneak doesn't seem to work as often as it did. I've been trying around towns and the sneak icon's on when there's noone about - however, when there's someone there it just won't go on
What's wrong with it? Or is that just the game; ie, it's more selective? Makes it a dammed sight harder to nick stuff, and no higher garuntee it's going to be successful.
Post Sat May 03, 2003 9:43 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

If the icon doesn't appear, than your sneak attempt has failed- someone saw you.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat May 03, 2003 4:19 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Additional - the Sneak icon just indicates that noone can see you. If there's noone around, then it'll go on if you hold down the Sneak button. However, you'll only get experience towards your Sneak skill if you sucessfully remain undetected when there's noone watching.

Also, I think I recall someone saying that the shoes you wear have an effect on your ability to remain unnoticed - if you're wearing heavy ebony boot or something, try taking them off.
Post Sat May 03, 2003 8:24 pm
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Sneaker

Thanx for that
Yeah, I'd thought that the game makers would've made the sound of your shoes a bit more 'sneaky' when in that mode, lol.
Post Sun May 04, 2003 12:55 am
rathan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sometimes it depends on what armor you are wearing--apparently they can hear in morrowind

also, are you running while trying to sneak
Post Sat May 10, 2003 4:06 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Sneak

I wear light armour and no, I'm not running.
It seems a bit more selective as you level higher. I got it sused tho, thanx.
Post Sat May 10, 2003 5:01 pm
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

Are you a level 16 assasin with 52 sneak and 42 security? Aren't your skills a bit low?
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:09 pm
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Morrowind Sneak

Noone would train me any higher So I just kept using the skills until I got higher by myself.
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:42 pm
StarkeRealm
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Trainers

If you want some suggestions on the subject of trainers I can direct you to a few good ones in Balmora.
Todwendy is in the Lucky Lockup, she’s in the room on the right at the top of the stairs and trains in Sneak, Short Blade, and Acrobatics. (Sneak > 60, acrobatics > 50 sorry I don’t know the specific limits.) She’s the short blade master.
If that’s not enough Hecerinde is in his home in Balmora, if you’re a member of the Thieves Guild you’ll have access to the security master.
Finally the sneak master is in the Druegh-Jigger’s Rest in Gnaar Mok, and named Wadarkhu. Though honestly I’ve never had the need to seek him out, once sneak gets to 60 it’s fairly easy to raise in the wilderness by sneaking around critters.
Another option is if you’re a member of the Morag Tong (or at least no where their base is), there are three rats that are in the entrance way, I’ve found that persistently killing them is a good way to improve sneak and weapon skills, it takes time, but is a lot cheaper.

Hope this helps.

PS: Once sneak hits 70 sneaking gets a lot easier
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:21 am
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

And then there is this amulet... I don't remember the name of it, but I think it's called amulet of shadows. If you get that, then sneaking will be alot easier. A guy named Tavynu Tedran has it. He's near Synette Jeline in wilderness near crossroad north of Gnisis on the way to Ald Veloth. You'l have to talk to Synette before he appears, and then you can kill him for it
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:07 am