Problem, dwarf quest help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Phalanx
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Problem, dwarf quest help

ok before i was informed by the king and others that there were dwarves, I ventured down and defeated the beast and mucked around with the forging. Now that i discovered that i have to crush the mithril and such there is just one small problem. You see, i've put all the power stones in all the right places. There was one for each machine and i put them all in a couple of days ago. I returned to smash my chunk of mithril into pieces, i put it under the smasher and run up the ladder to pull the lever. Nothing happens, i go and see what the problem is and what i see is no power stone !! I had one in there before as i killed the beast with the machine...obviously. Is this a known bug ? am i missing something ? should i reload a previous save losing hours and hours of killing and questing
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:13 pm
dave9
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ireckon you better sart from an earlier save game and try to complete this part all in one ok.here read this backpack; drag it on the left site of the machine here, insert a stone of power and pull the lever, so it is teleported to the smelting.
Back in the smelting (15), smash it into several smaller mithril rocks and take the mold for the two-handed sword before you go to the forge (23). Use the machine with the one masher and activate it with another stone of power. Insert two rocks of mithril and the Koltk powder and pull the lever to get a mithril bar.
Now go to the other machine, activate it with another stone of power, pick your weapon of choice (saber or two-handed) and place the corresponding mold below the left masher. Walk the stairs up behind the machine and put the mithril bar in the machine, then pull the lever and you have forged a mithril sword.
With this sword, teleport back to level 2, but be sure to have at least 2 fireball and some levitate scrolls with you, if your casting is not well developed.
cheers dave.
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:25 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

No Bug

It's not a bug, the stone only works for a limited time. There was an extra stone hidden in the mines, try to find that before reloading. If I remember right the forge will still work for you. I think? Hope you find it.
Post Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:27 am
Phalanx
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

i've already used that stone of power on the teleport thing for the mithril

is there some sort of way to access console and type a command to make a stone of power appear in my backpack. If there isn't anyway but restarting i'll just quit

its not worth doing the entire crypt, fighting 2 liches which took me 20 minutes to finish, beating down ysildes which are as tough as hell. killing that fat worm, beating that stupid black beast that scared the hell outta me, i'm even level 5 when i was down there, thats 3 levels below from what i am now. no way would i restart it
Post Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:38 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Stones

You can try and ask Garrett on the first thread if he has a save game to send you. Also post a thread asking others for a save to help you. Other than that I have no other help to offer. Good Luck.
Post Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:49 am