Usergroups
ROLES in Gothic 2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Airk
Commander*Warrior*Rogue
Commander*Warrior*Rogue

It's Probably a consensus now, that The Hero will be back in Gothic two. But what about the Four friends: Milten, Diego, Lester and Gorn. What will there roles be if any?
I was thinking about it and what if you had the option in Gothic 2 to play out their roles. The reason I thought of this was because of the Hero and what his skills will be starting out in G2. You wonder if he will be back to zero or if he will be somewhat experianced. But if you where to play as one of the four you might have other areas of skill to improve, since each is really only skilled with one weapon.
Anywho I wonder what Lester will be up to, since he holds the deed to the whole valley.
Do you think he will be in G2 if the whole takes place outside the Barrier. Or does the Land in the Deed extend beyond the barrier.
Questions questions questions, just thought I might put them out thier?

Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:35 pm
Rainstorm
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Wild guess,we'll start as weak as in Gothic2...
Unless they've upgraded the animals to make perhaps the wolves the weakest so we'd get as much stronger as need be to take care of those as you'd do scav's in Gothic.(so it'll still be nullified due to stronger low end enemies)
Don't know for a fact,but if the start's too easy you'd get bored,if too hard you'd get bored,I'd say Gothic had a decent level to start with.(and all the way if you didn't drink a load of potions)
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:43 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Here's what I think:
You start at level 1(you can't make this like BG because there you couldn't become a high level character before the expansion).

Being level 20 or up would be boring.. I can't stand walking around with a supercharacter.

As to Diego, Gorn, Lester and Milten.. I think you might bump into them, but I don't think they will have important parts.

Xardas is still alive(he only fell asleep in the temple), so you might bump into him again, and he was the leader of the magicians already when they created the barrier.
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:48 pm
Airk
Commander*Warrior*Rogue
Commander*Warrior*Rogue

If you start as level 1 how will it fit into the story, where did your ore armor go and where did Uriziel go? What will the story be that supports this? Will he be robbed or what? What do you think?

Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:52 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

We've all seen screenshots, and he's wearing the armor Gomez and his guards are wearing, not the Ore Armor.

A lot of things can happen:
-It can be another guy, related or something.
-Somebody can knock him in the head, rob him, and he ends up forgetting everything he knows.
-A little change in story making him level 1 again(he could've been living outside the barrier all the time and so on).
-The is the most likely one:
The story continues, but he starts at level 1 without anything, and also, without the answer as to why he is that way. There is basically no need for the company to answer that question as long as the game is good.

Character creation and the whole RPG consept of the game would lose its magic if he started with master in most skills, and therefore I don't think you will be able to load the game from Gothic 1(like from BG2 to the add on).
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:07 pm
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I think that when the barrior goes down, the king sends in a army to take over the ore production.
Then the king has everyone inside the barrior either thrown into prison or killed, then the game will start out as you try to break out of prison in a very weakened state.

You will bump into one of the (fab 4) in prison, starting the main story quest

Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:08 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

That actually sounds very likely.

What about Lee? Two possibilities:
1. He gets his revenge, and becomes a general again.
2. He gets thrown in prison, and he's the one you meet there.

Milten/Xardas:
-They're magicians, so I don't think they'll end up in prison.

Diego:
Hmm.. might be sent to prison for some reason - he, unlike the magicians, was a prisoner before all of this happened.

Gorn:
Probably died in battle defending the Free Mine when the king came.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:13 pm
Airk
Commander*Warrior*Rogue
Commander*Warrior*Rogue

The King and his army coming to take back the Mine sounds very likely. But I don't think Gorn is stupid enough to take on a whole army byhimself. And I don't think any of the mercenaries would care either, they'd all want to run to freedom.

Another question: The King is the first to be seen wearing Armor with the Crack. Later Gomez has the same Armor with the Crack and so does the Guy in the picture(the king?).
Is the guy in the picture suppose to be the man incharge of the OC?

Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:31 pm
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I think Gomez bribed the king into giving him his armor.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:47 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm, 4 people wear that armor:
Gomez
the King
Gomez' bodyguards(Scar and Alar - or something).

I think that armor is created for the nobles, or just the highest ranking soldiers.
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:48 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Milten was a criminal, too - a deserter and small-time thief, by the way.

I think it's possible that with the raw magical energies set free in the Sleeper's banishing (and the downfall of the barrier) Uriziel might be discharged.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:51 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Unforeseen effects of a large release of magically power? Hmm... where have we seen this before?

Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:53 pm
Airk
Commander*Warrior*Rogue
Commander*Warrior*Rogue

I know that scar and Arto wear "noble" armor, but is it the same as Gomez'? You know, the armor with that crack on the chest plate? Who's the Guy in the picture? Amd how did Gomez come to wear the same armor as the King?

Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:53 pm
Airk
Commander*Warrior*Rogue
Commander*Warrior*Rogue

Hey Val, I think I'm starting to like the Citizen. I think I'm going to make him my permanent Avatar after I reach 3oo

Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:00 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm, never noticed that, but I guess it's just the way it's designed(with a crack in it - like the jeans of today - worn out).
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:02 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next