Usergroups
Finished the game? Did you try? *extreme spoilers*
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

To enter the castle through the opening in the wall?
- If you have been down into Gomez cellar, you know that you will in the end reach a opening in the castle wall, where you can jump down to the market place. Perhaps you are able to jump up there again.

To reach the chest on top of the Cloister Ruin?
- There is a 'set of jumpable stairs' that leads up to it, and a column that can be touched, but I dont know what to do with it. Across a chasm (that can be jumped over with Acrobatics) there is a chest on a square-like

To collect the food for Baloran?
- I never had the Grapes, so I never got his "weapon"... I suspect he just fools you, but I would like to know...

To do the "Stranger" quest?
- Defeat the Mage of Fog in the tower of fog... Rob his chests and find his book "Chromanin", read it, then read your current missions.

"He who is willing to renounce depravity and wanders on the path of rightounesses shall know where the source of my power lies hidden so that he may use it to break the chains of this world, and prove worthy to reicive Chromanin".
"The wise one sees to have a general overview before he dedicates himself to his next mission".

The next book is probably hidden in the Orc Ruin on top of the mountain. There is a switch there that opens up the 'floor'.

To search the mummies that lies in the connecting rooms to the room where you meet Xardas before you go down to The Sleeper.
- Have a look. You wont be dissapointed. Defenitly not. Promise! And by the way, thoose Mummies doesnt always have names popping up, but you can search them anyway!

To complete the game as a Mage, Thief, or ranger?
- Mage, put all your points on magic... With 22points of strength (can be gained by other means than training, like training and the blacksmith quest) you can still use the Orc Hammer as your only weapon...
- Thief, rely entirely upon sneaking past everything... Using nothing but a extreme skill in crossbow to attack enemies...
- Ranger, put everything on dexterity, using the best bow you can find...

Best Regards
JemyM

[ This Message was edited by: JemyM on 2001-12-09 09:19 ]
Post Sun Dec 09, 2001 3:19 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Chromanin II
In top of the tower in the citadel (must be jumped to be reached, cannot be found if you dont have Chromanin).

"Carried from the tides of time, chromanins visions have opened my eyes, no price could be high enough to ever renounce my faith in them for it touched my heart to intensively"
"What is divided will be reunited after being massively separated for a short time"

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sun Dec 09, 2001 3:34 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Ok, completed the Strangers quest
Fun =)

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sun Dec 09, 2001 4:50 pm
Dave Allen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

JemyM, You're right. Baloran's quest is a fool's errand.

OK, so where DO you go after getting the second Chromanin Book?

[ This Message was edited by: Dave Allen on 2001-12-09 16:39 ]
Post Sun Dec 09, 2001 10:36 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

The second one are the most difficult one to find of the entire serie...

When you first started the game, and walked down to the old camp, you met two rangers from the new camp. One, wich you could learn hunting skills from.

To your left, you have a river that leads to the east towards the ocean (if you check out the map you probably bought in the city).

In this river, there is an long island, inhabitated by lizards, lurkers and bloodflies. Also, on this island there is a huge rock. (both the island and the rock can be seen on the map).

The book lies directly east of that huge rock.

The rest are rather easy and self-explaining. =)

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sun Dec 09, 2001 10:48 pm

Doh, I have the first book but having trouble finding the second, despite your excellent directions... it doesn't seem to be there?
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 6:47 am

top of the ruins near the sunken tower, there's a tower in the ruins with no stairs or anything.....look upwards and you see a ledge that you can jump up to.....as long as you have the book on you, procede up and then when you get to the top you'll find book 2
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 9:36 am

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Thing with theese books is that they doesnt appear, unless you found and read them in the right order.
After you have book #1 you can find Book #2, then Book #3 etc.

Best Regards
JemyJM
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 11:35 am