View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
galexc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

cant' use learning points

Please help.

I have leveled up and have 10 learning points but I cannot figure out how to distribute them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Galexc
Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:20 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Generally to use LP's you have to go to an in-game trainer and tell him what stats you want to spend the LP's on, in incriments of 1 or 5. There's no "level up" screen.

If you become a smith's apprentice, he can train you in strength. He's the first of the trainers you will meet.
Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:26 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Welcome to the forum

If you are wondering what to put it into, I would suggest strength to begin with up to 20, then weapon 1H or 2H up to 30. You'll get the idea. There are a bunch of trainers around though. Smith is not necessarily the first one you come across, There's people you can pay to train your strength. Since this is the general forum, can't go into too much detail.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:21 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

u can search the forrests also and explore other places not only city has nice trainers
Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:43 pm
Drake14
Brigadier General

I would stick in the city of korinis untill you've trained all you can there then explore around in case you get attacked by something... after you finish with the city i would try to get into the brotherhood and see if anyone can train you there... i know if you are planning to join the brotherhood then ask a person near th rooms sweeping to help you and he'll give you his extra staff and he can train you with 2 handed weapons.. if your not planning on joining the brotherhoood then look around (if you can get in and you may need a sheep and 1000 gold) you never know what you might find. Then i would go back to the city and try to get some missions done so you can get farther in the game and get into the upper part of the city where the paladins and fancy people are and there would most likely be people there who would want to train you... If you haven't already gotten to the part where you have to pass through the gate at the valley of mines.. be warned that there are many orcs in there and make sure that you have a powerful weapon... good armor.. and like i said.. go to all the different places and see who will train you. It might also be helpful to get a job because if you become and apprentice then you most likely will be able to be trainied in something.. the first person i wanted to be an apprentice for was the smith... he can train your strength and he pays you 100 gold for every sword that you make...
Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:30 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yes and if u figure out the Sword forging and how u can forge much much swords u will be rich like a king
Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:45 pm