Usergroups
A few questions, please :)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Pendr4gon, I hired Biff* to come along with me thru the whole chapter, in which we wiped out everything. He will help you on both the fire and ice dragons. The swamp dragon, you can get help from the two guys sitting outside the entry to the swamp. Stone dragon, I was on my on, but never had any problems. In fact I kinda thought the dragons to be too easy. Just smacked'm with my sword and strafed.

*Biff is useful, but a total moron. You have to learn how to get around his faults. Once you do, the combined attack of "me" and Biff will take out an orc elite(or anything else) in nothing flat. Just be sure to have potions for him to use.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:28 am
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for the tip, unfortunatly i realized he was "for hire" when i already killed both ice and fire dragons, and the strange thing is, after hiring him, while i was going to retrieve diego's gold, he simply disappeared... at first i thought i had left him behind, but didn't found him anywhere... do you know the place where he will go if you "dismiss" him or in similar situations, or he's gone for good?

Another question, after taking the dragon egg in the ice dragon's lair, i brought it to Bennet, which gave me a map where i was supposed to find more of them, and mentioned something about being able to make a good armor of them... i retrieved about 7 or 8 of them, how many does him require to make that armor? I have to take them all (i suppose they are around twenty or so...) or something like 10 is enough?
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:57 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

How did you get Biff to help you fight the dragons?
He always said "It's getting dicey here, I'll stay back."

Did you also offer him half the gold? I should've told him 100gold now, and more later. Don't know if that'd work though.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:54 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I`m very interested in those dragon eggs Pendr4gon mentioned. In chapter 4 I found only one dragon egg and brought it to Neoras alchemist mage in monastery (was a quest for paladin at least). There were 3 options of reward - I choose first "some of the potion You are currently working on" and was given nothing till the end. In last chapter there is however possibility to learn how to make dragon eggs potion +15 strenght.
But what bothers me - what got Bennet to do with eggs? Maybe You meant dragon blood or scales. But if You meant what you wrote then it means I missed sth. To be honest in chapter 5 I found few lizardmen guarding dragon egg in the valley where Lester could have been found at the beginning of the game - near Xardas`s tower. Could you write sth more about it?
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:03 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

The eggs you take to Bennet are the one's found in the new world caves(one of the dragon explains about this) placed there and guarded by lizardmen. You basicly have to go back to each cave on the new world map. Only a couple don't have eggs in them.

About Biff, dam this will get long lol.

When you hire Biff you have 2 options, half of the loot recovered or 100 gold for now. When you are killing lizardmen and animals, neither of which have gold on them(except a few goblins) choose to split the loot. When you are going after the dragons and orcs, choose the 100 for now option. You can hire and fire him as needed, just tell him "this is where we part ways", then talk to him immediately afterwards. The choices are now back:) You don't HAVE to do it my way, but if you don't he'll pester the hellouttaya over money. Also don't sell any of the weapons and stuff you collect while he's still getting half, or you'll lose half. Of course you can always beat his arse later and get it all back, cast oblivion, and he'll still help ya.

He waits for you outside the castle not far from the end of the ramming thingy where you first accessed the castle. When you are about to battle a dragon, he'll say some crap and walk a short ways off, but when the battle starts he'll come-a-running to help. Fire and ice dragons only, i think, because I did'nt have him with me when I went after the swamp dragon. On it the 2 other guys outside the swamp help you. The stone dragon is the only one you attack alone.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:32 am
Sanosuke
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
He waits for you outside the castle not far from the end of the ramming thingy where you first accessed the castle. When you are about to battle a dragon, he'll say some crap and walk a short ways off, but when the battle starts he'll come-a-running to help. Fire and ice dragons only, i think, because I did'nt have him with me when I went after the swamp dragon. On it the 2 other guys outside the swamp help you. The stone dragon is the only one you attack alone.

I attacked and defeated all the dragons by myself..Biff is so stupid..he ran right into a group of Lizard Men (about 6-7) and got diced..thats how much help he is
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:34 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for all the informations-explanations about Biff, but about the dragon eggs i just wanted to know how many eggs are needed for the new armor, and which armor it is (if it's a medium dragon hunter armor or a different kind of).
And now another question, where can i find exactly one of the two guys who teaches how to take the dragon's blood and scales?
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:52 pm
Sanosuke
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Pendr4gon
Thanks for all the informations-explanations about Biff, but about the dragon eggs i just wanted to know how many eggs are needed for the new armor, and which armor it is (if it's a medium dragon hunter armor or a different kind of).
And now another question, where can i find exactly one of the two guys who teaches how to take the dragon's blood and scales?

About the Dragon Eggs..no you dont get a new armor..you sell them to Bennet and thats it..!
The guys you talk about is near the pass of Valley of Mines when you get there for the first time in ch.3 but then i have no idea where they go!
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:00 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I read you were helped by some dragon hunters when fighting the swamp dragon... not that i need help, it's just that i hoped to find there the guy who teaches to take dragon scales and blood... i already killed two of them, so if i don't learn that abilities as soon as possible there won't be aby more of them...
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:16 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Thanx for answer Uriziel. As paladin in chapter 5 I looked most caves in the game but lizardmen where only in this one I mentioned, so maybe its one of guild related things or maybe ???? bug???
Hunter Gestath - only one that teaches how to take dragon blood and scales. To find him go to the end of great orc wall then up. He is little right almost by the top where only small path leads right to the rock dragon.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:26 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Whoa! I have finally beaten the game as a mercenary I liked the end but i don't like the idea of ruining a guy like xardas that way... he was the npc i liked most... damn... i guess i'll have to kill in the next gothic (or maybe in the expansion... who knows... i hope the are going to localize even the expansion...) However the chapter 4-6 were really great even if the fifth and sixth were a little short, however i wanted say a big thank you again to all those who answered here my questions and helped me keep going on through the game, thanks
I'm going to leave this topic with the last question, does the end change in some way by chosing a different guild or it will be the same? (I would like to try the Circle Of Fire now...)
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:33 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The ending is the same, though you get to wear different clothes .
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:38 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
The ending is the same, though you get to wear different clothes .

Mhhh that's not going to change my life drastically but hey, i'll give the magician a try anyway to try some different quests and approach to the game
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:53 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3