Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Do you think Morrowind or Dungeon Siege is better?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I rushed Dungeon Siege, specially in the end, just to get it over quickly. Very repeative, with long, meaningless and boring fights.
I have since then played several other games, that IMO offered me more. I even remember more of Might & Magic 9 than DS... Jedi Knight 2 was alot better, Wizardry 8 rocks bigtime, Freedom Force have a story that cannot do less than make you smile.

Dungeon Siege is a linear action-style hack & slash. Morrowind is a epic, open RPG, and the best one in existance.

What can I say, I only enjoy RPG's.

Id like to say something more original, but thats the way it is, even if I repeat everybody else in this thread.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:01 am
ZAM
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Morrowwind

Granted I have only played a few hours but i can tell already that morrowind is much more dynamic in size and creativity. In DS you can only develop 3 types of characters the story line is the same. In morrowind the main storyline is the same but with all the sub quests and stuff I dont even see how you can compare it to DS. There are just to many options in morrowind which makes this game more versitile and replayability alone will take a good few months.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 1:38 pm
Lady Rae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I like both games. They are very different and it mostly depends on what I feel like playing as to which I play. I'm also enjoying Wizardry 8 at the moment.

But I do NOT recommend Might and Magic IX to anyone.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 1:58 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Add me to the Might & Magic 9 hateclub. =)
I pirated it, actually, and I feel no regrets for stealing something that someone attempts to rip me off with...

I played it becouse I had nothing better to do.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sun May 12, 2002 1:03 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Your right Shifter!

I played DS, i made it to level 57 or something, it was an okay game, but it could have been much better, there were no story, and i just hated the camera views, and you just clicked and clicked until the enemy was dead. :p
Diablo 2 is much better. Anyway, Morrowind is alot better, i love it!
Post Sun May 12, 2002 1:35 pm
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I found mm9 actually to be a GREAT game, despite its horrible graphics and huge ammounts of bugs. The character development and dungeon layout is excellent, though the beginning of the game is disgusting.

Pirating is lame. Really.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 2:59 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Not only is pirating lame, promoting it on these boards might even get you banned.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 3:07 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Jaz
----
I believe that it is important to show that even if I am a RPG gamer I demand to be taken seriously.

MM9 is obviously not created by serious toughts, but primary on the idea that RPG gamers pay for everything. The entire staff was thrown out from their jobs after MM9 was completed anyway, so even if I would actually pay for it, it wouldnt serve as pity for the producers, but go direct to the evil publisher that placed this game on the shelf with that pricetag.

MM9 is a disgrace for all RPG's and a insult to the RPG gamers.
We are not stupid enough to actually pay for something like it, are we?
Even if thats your tought, consider that they nearly commit fraud when they sell it to you. If you read the package and then see the interior, how much of the information on the package is true? Very little. Even a Kinder Egg have more quality content than this, and thoose cost 1$, not 50$.

I assume that the moderators tried MM9 themselves and understand my motive. I would rather pay for a game like Exile from Spiderweb Software. It doesnt have the best up-to-date graphics, but at least they dont try to fool you by telling you otherwise.

I do not reccomend piracy, I reccomend to forget about MM9, and defenitly not let them lure you on your money.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sun May 12, 2002 4:00 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I like M&MIX though it had mistakes. Possibly I am stupid enough to like it >].
Moderators not only tried it, but some of them finished it and some of them (including me), like it.
Buy it somewhere, where you can return it. Your arguments doesnt make sence. Do you steal bread, eat it and then say "it was OK, because this bread was not good"? I suppose that you buy bread and if you find it defective you try to return it.

Heh, Jemmy if you write here that you pirated it and do not feel guilty for it, it is real service to RPG producers. Many of our visiters know you from best Gothic FAQs avalaible and can say if Jemmy did it, then I can do it also.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 4:33 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Plus for every pirated game, that's income that the publisher doesn't get. Doesn't seem like much, and I know many people think games are too expensive anyway, but perhaps their cost is partly a reflection of the fact that a certain number of people are going to pirate them.

Personally I don't mind paying $70 Cdn for a game that keeps me happy for hours on end. I figure that Baldur's Gate and BG 2 cost me about half a cent per hour of play in the long run.

Just to get back to the original topic, DS was a great dungeon crawl. Lost of fun. SOmetimes that's what you want - pretty mindless, good graphics, lots of stuff and money, many, many monsters to battle and not too much in the way of brain strain or frustration. The game worked almost flawlessly, and there was little in the way of "beginner's" frustration regarding the interface. And that is precisely what you need sometimes, after a rough week at work. THumbs up on DS for me. But that doesn't mean it's a preference over any other game.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 5:47 pm
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by JemyM
Jaz
----
I believe that it is important to show that even if I am a RPG gamer I demand to be taken seriously.

MM9 is obviously not created by serious toughts, but primary on the idea that RPG gamers pay for everything. The entire staff was thrown out from their jobs after MM9 was completed anyway, so even if I would actually pay for it, it wouldnt serve as pity for the producers, but go direct to the evil publisher that placed this game on the shelf with that pricetag.

MM9 is a disgrace for all RPG's and a insult to the RPG gamers.
We are not stupid enough to actually pay for something like it, are we?
Even if thats your tought, consider that they nearly commit fraud when they sell it to you. If you read the package and then see the interior, how much of the information on the package is true? Very little. Even a Kinder Egg have more quality content than this, and thoose cost 1$, not 50$.

I assume that the moderators tried MM9 themselves and understand my motive. I would rather pay for a game like Exile from Spiderweb Software. It doesnt have the best up-to-date graphics, but at least they dont try to fool you by telling you otherwise.

I do not reccomend piracy, I reccomend to forget about MM9, and defenitly not let them lure you on your money.

Best Regards
JemyM

SO just because you dont like it you may copy it? I dont like FF and I do like MM9. MM9 is a great game for some, and for others it aint. Never is that a reason to steal it.[/b]
Post Sun May 12, 2002 6:15 pm
BIGTOBBACO
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The question

The answer to the question isnt the answer its the question.

Which is a better game?
Well their both Great "Games".

Which is the better RPG?
well heres where it gets funky,
If you called Diablo an RPG then im sure you call DS a RPG too.
If you dont mind (or even LIKE IT!) the game playing you more than you playing game, And dont really want litterally hundreds of choices at any given time of what to do or where to go. Then yeah DS is a great roleplaying game for you.

But if your like me... and you dont call Diablo a RPG nor do you like the game pretty much playing itself...and in fact demand of a game to be able to do exactly what you want, including destroy the story line: Then Morrowind being the only RPG left of the two, has to be the better RPG. In fact one of the great RPGs.
You cannot see me,
You cannot hear me.
Your already Dead."

-The Shadow Knights Oath-
Post Sun May 12, 2002 7:20 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I didnt like Dungeon Siege either, but at least Dungeon Siege was made seriously. It botched the story right, but it have the graphics, wonderous maps, great sound and controls. To me, it is just not what I want for a RPG, but it is an serious attempt to produce something the public will like, and you can tell that by looking at it.

There are million of things that makes it difficult to not say the same about MM9. IMO MM9 does not worth the time downloading/burning/installing the game to the harddrive, and deffenitly not buying. I do not say that becouse I have some kind of Influence on this Forum, I say it becouse thats my feelings about it. And as far as I have read on other reviews I am not alone with thosoe kind of toughts about it.

In sweden you are rarely allowed to return a game after trying it. I do not know anyone that suceeded in that attempt.
Btw, lots of names in MM9 are swedish. Arslegard means "Asshole Garden".

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sun May 12, 2002 9:37 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Ok, this is enough about pirating.

Or isnt?

Where I have that key, damn...

Ahh here it is....

Locked.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 9:45 pm