Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Wich Alternatives are there to gothic???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

See Shrapnel, I liked Summoner, I also liked Morrowind, but NWN actually bored me to death. So... it's a matter of taste.
Post Sat Sep 28, 2002 5:46 pm
seeman
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yeah. Jaz`s right. Morrowind has some good things, NWN too.
Well i prefer Morrowind than NWN. But... this is my opinion...
The best is Gothic!
Post Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:46 pm
Mike Rotch
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I totally agree seemen.
Post Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:46 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Erb Duchenne
quote:
Originally posted by Erb Duchenne
Try Morrowind. Some people don't like it that much. Others love it. Or Daggerfall, which is actually Morrowinds' prequel (which people have raved about being better than Morrowind itself)

Never Winter Nights. Good for Multiplayer, but single player not too shabby. And it's new.

If you can wait till November... Gothic 2 will be out!

Well, actually all the above either are, or can be switched to 3rd person view.

how do you switch morrowind to 3rd person view?
Post Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:10 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

By hitting TAB.
Post Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:09 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

I'm the opposite, I love NWN and found Morrowind to be quite sterile and dull. TES editor is great fun though!
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:03 pm
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
By hitting TAB.

oh lol im so stupid
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:46 am
VergoldeterMensch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

by the way: the most german developer will soon disappear.
the guys from the y project have, phiranha bites may too, they're just finishing gothic.
zanzara is a little bit between gothic and pokemon.
in my eyes ocarina of time was the worst zelda ever made, the gameboy colour game was more fun, and the best was the snes zelda!

an short alternative is this techdemo from the ultima 1 remake, its really good, with a bit lord of the rings atmosphere!
http://www.peroxide.dk/ultima/

and we in germany have a show only for videogames in tv. it's on NBC ('couse NBC didn't earn money with an german channel, they sold sending times to DFA(don't have to know) and other shit) called giga, every day from 3pm to 8 pm and from 10pm to 0am (in germany 22 to 0 o'clock).
the 5 hour show has many topics, but the later show is just for games, that you don't have such shows?!
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:04 pm
ChronoTrigger
Village Leader
Village Leader

I Know this Post Is Kinda Old, but Gothic 2 is a game like Gothic... ..... well...mmm aaa
while i was Waiting for It i Played:

ENCLAVE: Beautifull Action Game, Not so much of an RPG, Nice Graphics, and the Fighting System Is So Much Fun with a lot of Nice Effects, Kinda Nice Story and you can play On Both Sides one Good, and One Bad (Light/Dark) but As I Said is a game that you can play only once, as the only thing it changes is "How Much "Ore" you pick up in a Level"

ULTIMA IX: i try it out as one here post, and I Really Like it,.... At First.... while i was Beating the 6th Tower, My English Gothic 2 Knock My Door, So there it is the Avatar, Is waitng for me Patienly i did not like the fighting System, only one Hcak, No Combos, etc, but besides that, VERY VERY Intresting Game, Give my Regards to Raven

RUNE: A Friend Borrow me this game, It Was a good starting, but there isn't much to say about it, i like it to pass some time

BLADE OF DARKNESS: Very cool game, More action Oriented, but very nice game,, I Only Try The demo, But it was Really Good Indeed

NWN & MORROWIND: Both HELL BORING, at First NWN was really Good, The Story Was Good, but After you get the Third District...mmmm a lot like Mario 64 On and On and On...

FINAL FANTASY VIII: BEAUTIFULL, Really Great Game, Story line Etc, Nice FMV where you can Interact in Some Parts, Nice Up and Downs with Your Friends, Hell of a lot To Discover, One BIG WORLD....in Four cds I Really Enjoyed this game, it makes me remember the time while i was playing Chronno Trigger.... Is Like a BIG MOVIE where you control the Good Guy, you have to Check this One, is In My Very Good List of RPG

Nothing Further, I Play Gothic Again (as a mercenary of the Water Mages) so now i can play again Gothic 2 as One of Them Hope that This List Helps those who do not have YET a copy of Gothic2... Good Luck
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:31 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Kings Quest 8 is similar to Gothic also. But obviously no where near as good. I'd say the closest thing by far is Ultima IX.

quote:
Originally posted by VergoldeterMensch
in my eyes ocarina of time was the worst zelda ever made, the gameboy colour game was more fun, and the best was the snes zelda!

I have to strongly disagree there. Ocarina of time was easily as good as the Snes Zelda.

Did you play Majora's Mask? Now that was weird. I wouldnt say it was terrible, but it was probably the worst of the bunch. Definately Ocarina of time was WAY better than that.
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:45 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Quest For Glory 5 it has subquests and all that its pretty cool imo a little bit like gothic
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:51 pm
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Location: In the northern mountains of the western continent.

quote:
Originally posted by VergoldeterMensch
and the best was the snes zelda!

amen, a link to the past was the best zelda game in the world ... all the inventory you collect and the different armor/swords/shields... i beat that game in 1 try before sat in front of it for a few hours got all the hearts all the inventory and beat the crap outta ganon... wow memories damn im getting all teary eyed

well the only games that reminded me of gothic was ... ultima 9, blade of darkness was a linear hack&slash that was kinda the same ... aswell as rune... they arent rpgs though ...
and btw morrowind isnt that horrible sure its a dead world and i used to complain about it alot ... but i bought the game and all the expansions and have had lotsa fun hours making new characters and just playing around in the game world...

and also NWN is a wicked game ... the reading just got me more engaged in the "ok" story... sure its not the best but its a fun ride while it lasts plus with the toolset and the multiplayer its to die for.

wow quite a reply...

.: Amd XP 2700+
.: Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
.: 1024mb DDr pc2700
.: 120GB UDMA 7200 RPM 2MB WD
.: 2 LG LCD Screens @ 19" Viewing
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:48 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4