View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
The_Gothic_One
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hello Peeps!

About using a Gamepad,
the one thing I did learn is that PyranaBytes is supposedly working on Gamepad and Force Feedback support for the game.

I think it would be much easier to use a gamepad, since use mainly the same buttons for everything.

Who knows, maybe they will make a patch one day but I find that highly unlikely. Maybe we'll see it implemented in Gothic 2, 3 and 4.
Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:11 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You're welcome

Don't be so hard on Gorath, he's just a moderator in a forum full of blood-thirsty Gothic fanatics who ask the same questions 20 times. That would get on anyone's nerves after a while.

[ This Message was edited by: Val on 2002-03-13 12:13 ]
Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:11 pm
The_Gothic_One
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hello Peeps! It's Me Again!

That Is Very, Very True Val!

[ NOTE: Sorry about my ignorance Gorath, but I still think you've been hanging out with Mud a little bit too much! ]
Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:14 pm
Rainstorm
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I found this when I searched:
"Well, I have the Logitech Wingman Rumblepad. This controller has excellent profile abitiies, once you set a profile and point out the .exe file for the game, it remembers to use that profile when you boot the game automatically...usually.

With Gothic, it wouldn't 'automatically' engage the profile to the game when I clicked on the Gothic desktop icon, I had to load up the profiler, and tell it to run Gothic THROUGH the profiler. And then it worked.

At first, it will be a little wierd until you hit the directionals a few times(wildly scrolls through the menu's), but then it 'figures it out' and now I can play 99.9% keyboard free(still have to type in savenames )

I'm not sure how the Creative's profiler works, so I don't know if this will work for your controller, but the Microsoft profiler for their Gamepad wouldn't work this way. So far, I've only been able to make it work with the Logitech's profiler."

I did it by using the method Gorath wrote...I searched for "gamepad".
If you look up to the right there's a hyperlink there that says search,that lets you search the forum.
If you need better pointers you're much more likely to get it if you ask nicely...starting to throw scheisse on a moderator isn't the brightest thing either...all imho of course.
Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:30 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

And if you had read the first post in the thread, he said he had to make a hack for it to work.

Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:33 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The_Gothic_One, without your last post you would have been in trouble! You should think twice before talking to a moderator in such a way.

My answer was absolutely precise. You´ll find a whole page with posts in ~6 threads.

If you are not able to understand that I never said something about a _thread_ named 'gamepad' then it´s your problem.

Val is of course right.
I often limit myself to short and precise answers or to a reference to the search function if I know the topic has been discussed before.
Did you ever ask yourself why there was no update to JemyM´s FAQ lately? Simply because the 5 new things found since v1.2 are not worth the effort. Almost everything has been said before.
Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:37 pm
Rainstorm
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:

On 2002-03-13 12:33, Val wrote:
And if you had read the first post in the thread, he said he had to make a hack for it to work.

I did read it...I think one of us is misunderstanding...I read his "instead of me having to 'hack' it in" as:
Why didn't they add support in game so I don't have to use the profiler software and bind keys to make it work?
Had he had to actually hack it,I'm pretty sure he'd posted how he did it...and I doubt he would've been mentioning his Logitech software so much in the end.(and that the MS software doesn't work...)

Edit:
I don't actually know of course since I'm not him...but that's how I interprate his post.
Since I happen to have a rumble pad myself I guess I could test it later on...if my memory ever starts working...

[ This Message was edited by: Rainstorm on 2002-03-13 12:47 ]
Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:45 pm
The_Gothic_One
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hello Peeps!

Look, I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone. And saying search the forums is different than saying, "There is a search link to search the forums, located in the top right menu of the forum page."

I may be wrong about that, maybe 'proper instructions' were posted by Gorath and I don't know how to read.

However, being fairly new to this forum, and never using a forum with a practically microscopic forum menu like this one, I never realized it was even there.

As for you, Gorath being a moderator for these boards, I would think that if you have done this for any length of time, that you wouldn't take for granted the fact that "EVERYBODY KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERY MESSAGE BOARD" because they don't.

The remark about Mud was a joke. I could have sworn that I said I was sorry about that in my last post, as I was meaning it in a joking manner.

And about being a 'Moderator' Respect is earned, not an Entitlement. So, you should treat everyone, newcomers and oldtimers alike, with the kind of respect that you yourself want to recieve.

Now Val, you dissapoint me. You had already told me to show him some respect, as I thought I did in my last post. Then you jump on the 'Let's F*ck With The_Gothic_One Train'
and that is fine by me too. I guess it is true that life is full of dissapointments.

If you were offended by my ribbing of Gorath with the Mud remarks, like I was, by such a lame response to my question about Gamepads, I'm sorry, but, attacking me for feeling attacked... serves what purpose?

All I wanted was to know if it was possible to map a Gamepad. There is no way in hell I am about to read every single post to get a yes or no answer. I skimmed for pertinent info. That's all I wanted. And again, I took it as I was being told to search the forums for Gamepads. So that is what I looked for, a post that was simply called 'GAMEPAD' I mean, I was already in the section called 'GAMEPAD OR JOYSTICK' Or did I also mis-read that?

Anyway, I will find a new Message Board to become a peice of. I don't need guys that want respect for nothing. I know I don't expect respect until respect is due me.

I do however thank you all for the help that I have recieved. The board was pretty fun, till now.

[ This Message was edited by: The_Gothic_One on 2002-03-13 18:23 ]
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:20 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:

On 2002-03-13 18:20, The_Gothic_One wrote:
Now Val, you dissapoint me. You had already told me to show him some respect, as I thought I did in my last post. Then you jump on the 'Let's F*ck With The_Gothic_One Train'
and that is fine by me too. I guess it is true that life is full of dissapointments.

If you were offended by my ribbing of Gorath with the Mud remarks, like I was, by such a lame response to my question about Gamepads, I'm sorry, but, attacking me for feeling attacked... serves what purpose?

I wasn't messing with you Gothic_One.
"And if you had read the first post in the thread, he said he had to make a hack for it to work." -- This was in response to Rainstorm's post, not yours. Not everyone here is attacking you.

Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:27 am
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

quote:

On 2002-03-13 18:20, The_Gothic_One wrote:
Anyway, I will find a new Message Board to become a peice of. I don't need guys that want respect for nothing. I know I don't expect respect until respect is due me.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, idiot!!

Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:38 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Okay, maybe everyone except me then.

Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:43 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

You stop giving fish to people at post 600, from then on, you teach people how to fish.

And Gorath, I think that we need a little picture M next to our names, like in the Morrowind Forums.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1

See the M's and A's?
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:45 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Argh! You could have warned me to put on my sunglasses. These As and Ms jumped into my eyes.
I don´t think we need something like that here. Our names are visible enough above the topic lists.
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:07 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Aww, ok.
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:08 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2