Negative effects in enchanting
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

Negative effects in enchanting

God this game makes me love Daggerfall more and more every day... Sigh.

When enhanting an item, say, a ring, i make it give me + whatever to whatever stat/skill. Now items in this game can't hold any powerfull enchantments (max i've seen is 120, i'd like it to be more), so why the hell can't i add NEGATIVE effects to increase the potential? Like add a constant + 50 to INT for a mage for the price of constant -20 STR or something like that. Now if i make an item that gives me -whatever stat/skill will only use the enchanting points that the item has the same way that a + to skill/stat would. Idiotic.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 12:55 am
REDF0X

I have noticed the same thing, it seems like you should be able to balance the effects of an enchanted item, if not to conserve slots to lower mana cost.

I also noticed that the enchanted item you create is worth very little more than the price of the original un-enchanted item, this may be on account of my low level enchantments but it seems strange that the soulstone that I'm using to enchant an item is worth more than the final enchanted item.

I suppose I could always make an item in the constrution set, with a balanced effect and a cost that is equal to the price of the item plus the price of the soulstone, drop it in, then retrieve the item in-game and put the objects required to make the item on a corpse that will eventualy decompose.

But that seems like a quite a bit of effort to make an item, and a borderline cheat use of the editor (I don't intend to use the constrution set to arbitrarily promote my char, the first time through, because I consider that cheating).
Post Thu May 30, 2002 1:23 am