Usergroups
Baal Quests Problem
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
ddecius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, I'm writing this after a marathon 20hr session after just receiving the game, so bear with me.
I am currently level 10. I am looking to complete the quest for the Baal's in order to get the potion recipe for Dexter.
I have three of the Baal's done and have only two left. The one's left are the guy in the Temple, gesticulating to the throngs. Somewhere in a thread it's stated that I need some Maui Wowwie to impress this guy. My question is, what do i do with it?? Smoke it?
The other is the poor guy who hasn't had a break for two days. I'm supposed to get his replacement to, well, replace him. However, when I confront the lazy dude who's supposed to be working, name of Hazlock? He just laughs in my face and tells me to take a hike. I've gone down all the conversation paths and now he won't even talk to me. The Very Helpful Quest Guide TM simply states, and I quote.
"perhaps I should help him along"
WTF does that mean?? Beat him up? Break his Bong? Tried beating him up, he just streaks out of camp, like the goddamn roadrunner! Funniest thing I ever saw. Can't break the Bong. I believe I've talked to everyone in the camp and nobody has any further information, not even Ghorum, the guy i'm supposed to be helping.
Sorry to be so long winded, but my brain is going to jellify soon if I don't get one of these Baal's to sign me up.
So to sum up, if anyone has any info, or better yet a solution to my quandry. It would be much appreciated.
Thank you and good night. err, morning.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:55 pm
glennluv
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I cant recall the other BAAL's name in the new camp. Just go and speak with him.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:59 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Spoilers - Well you may have already done this quest...There is a Sect guy at the left side of the entrance to the large cave in the New camp. He will give you a pretty easy quest to distribute some weed for him. After completing it you are given your choice of reward. Since you appear to have impressed the Baal that requires you to perform some magic I assume you already did the quest in the New Camp and took the reward of magic. Well one of the other rewards is the Maui Wowie that you need to impress the gesticulating Baal. As far as I can tell the only way to impress all five Baals is to get the Maui Wowie (specially prepared Dreamcall) and to get the sleep scroll elsewhere (though I have no idea where! and it made me mad).

So if you didn't do that quest in the new camp, go do that to get your Maui Wowie. If you already did that, then your only choice now is to beat up that jerk that won't get to mashing the weed, you have to beat him up. Unfortunately you are at such a high level he probably won't fight back but will run, so you need to be quick about it. Or stand in his way before you start beating him. Try firing some arrows at him while standing on the path you know he will run down. Then when he starts running he will be running right toward your waiting arms and will already be halfway to unconsious.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 5:32 pm