Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Devil Whiskey Review @WithinGames (German)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Garrett

Devil Whiskey Review @WithinGames (German)

German site <a href="http://www.withingames.net/index.php?show=articles&type=showreview&id=217" target="_blank">Withingames</a> has released a review of Devil Whiskey, the Bard's Tale inspired RPG by Shifting Suns. The overall rating is 5/10 only, but it has been decreased by the not-up-to-date technical aspects like graphics and also by the controls. Gameplay itself scored 8/10 points. Mithrandir from Withingames also gave us this little english conclusion:<blockquote><em>The conclusion of the author is that DW may be a very good choice for real hardcore-gamers and veterans that loved the original bard's tale series but the retro-look lead to a retro-gameplay that no new player will accept (speaking of the people who "grew up" with the simple gameplay of games like Diablo or Baldur's Gate).</em></blockquote>
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:04 am
mkreku
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hard to say if this is a good or bad game. I loved the old Bard's Tale games (I actually played and completed all of them on my trusty C64) but I've also been spoiled by games like Gothic/Gothic 2 when it comes to graphics on the PC. I wonder if it's still possible for me to enjoy an old school game..? Guess I should try to get hold of a demo.. I don't dare to buy this game as it is.
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:07 am
wG_mithrandir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hidiho,

Then go and get it from here: http://www.devilwhiskey.com/pages/download.html

bye, mith
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:22 am
Black_Lord
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I will review the game once I get it since I also enjoy the old school type of rpg's. (party based) Supposedly it only has about 60 hours of gameplay, but there will be mods and more content from the developers which will really be a plus for an apparently dying genre. (First person, party based rpg's)

I even got bored and bought Baldur's gate 2...hated it.
Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:36 am